Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

How did you find about these filings? Pacer?

No, you have to look at the Maryland court’s website.  There’s a link I posted earlier in the thread.  They just list the items on the docket, they don’t have actual copies (unlike PACER for the Federal courts).   

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised there has been no mention of Wednesday's article in the sun about how Georgia Angelo's had a 1 hour meeting with Rob Manfred to convince him that she was competent and not the helpless victim and puppet of her son that she is portrayed as in the lawsuit.   (Link may be paywall for some)

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/bs-md-orioles-georgia-angelos-20220705-ksvqma5nlbg4bbruor4ygmxgsi-story.html

• 1 month later...

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/court-filings-detail-power-struggle-among-angelos-sons-for-influence-over-baltimore-orioles-2WOVZTUEGJH47MMLZLB4L22WM4/

Interesting update here. SF Giants had interest in Elias. Elias only answers to John Angelos. John is painted much different than his father. Brady Anderson notes. 

• Thanks 1

When this first came out John seemed like the bad guy and Lou the good guy. Completely flipped now (at least according to Georgia's lawyers). Lou is a micromanaging clone of his father and John let's Elias run the show. Can't argue w results except that I wish they'd repair the Brady and AJ relationships.. and hurry up and sell to local investors!

No wonder Brady felt like he had free reign to do whatever he wanted.

A former All-Star outfielder for the Orioles, Brady Anderson was popular among fans in Baltimore and hired as vice president of baseball operations. Louis and Anderson were also close friends, according to court records. Louis unilaterally raised Anderson’s pay from $300,000 to $900,000 in 2018, Georgia’s lawyers wrote.

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/court-filings-detail-power-struggle-among-angelos-sons-for-influence-over-baltimore-orioles-2WOVZTUEGJH47MMLZLB4L22WM4/

Interesting update here. SF Giants had interest in Elias. Elias only answers to John Angelos. John is painted much different than his father. Brady Anderson notes. 

Yikes that is a terribly written piece.

"With her husband out of work, Georgia tapped her older son, John, to lead the team, according to her lawyers. They blamed Peter for some of the team’s past failures."

Peter was out of work? "They" blamed Peter ... who are they? The Lawyers, the press? Good Lord I'm not fan of the The Sun, but I can't believe an editor let this piece be published.

I will say this, although we don't know how much money John will ultimately allow Elias to spend as the team readies for contention next year, it is clear that John was the much better fit to run the organization and I'm glad Louis has nothing to to with the team.

John appears to have allowed Elias to run the team as he sees fit, something no GM was ever fully allowed to do while Peter was running the show.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I will say this, although we don't know how money John will ultimately allow Elias to spend as the team readies for contention next year, it is clear that John was the much better fit to run the organization and I'm glad Louis has nothing to to with the team.

John appears to have allowed Elias to run the team as he sees fit, something no GM was ever fully allowed to do while Peter was running the show.

And there is perhaps no greater contributor to the Orioles turnaround we are seeing now than that last part.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I will say this, although we don't know how much money John will ultimately allow Elias to spend as the team readies for contention next year, it is clear that John was the much better fit to run the organization and I'm glad Louis has nothing to to with the team.

I agree wholeheartedly with your last statement!!!  Relative to the first statement about "how much money", I believe ME has already told us "much of" the increase will come from Arbitration, likely including in-house assets. That puts us in the $17 to 20 M range for FA budget acquisitions. IMHO, John has given ME that budget guidance. In Louis's defense, he became an attorney and took over the law firm, John refused to take the Bar exam, against PA's wishes. IMHO, John has played Georgia. All Louis has done appears to be trying to support the law firm going forward using family assets he no longer has the power to influence, hence the lawsuit. John has apparently threatened him with : "his inheritance is at stake". I don't trust John, never have; Louis spoke eloquently at HOF ceremonies. I trust my gut, however addled.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

"With her husband out of work, Georgia tapped her older son, John, to lead the team, according to her lawyers. They blamed Peter for some of the team’s past failures."

Peter was out of work? "They" blamed Peter ... who are they? The Lawyers, the press? Good Lord I'm not fan of the The Sun, but I can't believe an editor let this piece be published.

I’d say the lawyers are “they,” as that sentence is written. 

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm wondering if "out of work"  meant that the Angelos law firm's asbestos and tobacco suits had dried up. Or perhaps it was an awkward way of saying he was no longer physically able to come to work due to his illness.