Wednesday, June 22 vs Nationals

SteveA

Rain in the area.

3 outs to make it an official game.

Although there are very few rain shortened games anymore, it seems.   They really go all out to try to finish them.  I think there have been a couple int he majors this year.

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You really wanted to go to the bullpen in the 3rd inning on a night when Akin isn't available?   Who did you have in mind to cover 6+ innings???

I think until his pitch count gets high and forces a change, I'd take my chances with Wells even if he is struggling a bit.  You really think the guys we would have to use to cover 6+ innings would be better than Wells?

Dude, I'm tore up yo.

Bryce Harper won the MVP at age 22 for Nationals.  The following year at age 23 he had his worse year and only for hot last month hit .241 still walking a bunch.  Soto had great year last year at 22 arguably could have been MVP if team was better.  Now this season at 23 he is struggling and hitting under .220 but walking a bunch.  The similarities are striking.