Tuesday, July 5: Orioles begin 2nd half of season and try to take series from Rangers

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• How in the world was Mullins the superior player last year (2023)? What numbers are you using? I see one with 5.1 WAR and the other with 2.8. Maybe I am reading things wrong? Also, Roberts has only played in 19 games this season compared to Mullins 65. So if they are anywhere close in any WAR, that is a serious indictment on Mullins.
    • Id bet on Trevor Bauer being better in this clubhouse than Tommy Pham. No thanks. 
    • Everyone here will be thinking Robert. Elias is probably thinking Tommy Pham (Ryan McKenna replacement).
    • I'm not suggesting that they don't want to be paid. Of course they want to be paid. I'm merely offering that if the decision is between $300 million and $320 million for Gunnar and $320 million meant that they wouldn't be able to extend another guy, I happen to think that he'd take the lower. That is my gut feeling and yeah, it might be naïve or fuzzy but that's the impression that I get from this core.  Elias has shown that he is very transparent about and to his org. I'm sure they have a short-term and long-term budget that will obviously change as years go but I bet their management and ownership teams have an idea of what they can afford right now over the next five years, maybe even ten years and I am willing to bet that each of these guys are somewhat looped into it. Do they have decision power? No but I would be shocked if decisions are made by management/ownership (with this group) without players having an inkling of it.  At the end of the day, the difference between $300 and $320 isn't as big to the person who is receiving it as it seems to us. 
    • I get what you are arguing according to these metrics Rodon is worse. But as I stated the context is the two blow up/bad starts out of the last eleven. Before Saturday's bad start, it would probably be different. Also IP are not factored in to the numbers that you present. I'm not saying that you don't have any legit reasons for feeling the way you feel.
    • Gunnar & Adley currently 1st, Mounty and Westy 2nd    
    • Mullins was a league average hitter last season. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now