Elias on the radio last night

Roll Tide

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

You wouldn’t be happy if he came up gave up a bunch of BBs and got hammered 

I don’t think he is being challenged by triple A hitters and needs to pitch in the majors to continue to progress. If that means taking a couple lumps I would rather that happen this season vs next when we are hopefully even more competitive. 

6 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I guess everyone (including myself) hoping Halls next start was in Baltimore are going to be disappointed.

That would not have been Elias' style. I don't think we see Hall until after the All-Star break and until after he has a sustained success. One amazing start is not going to change his mind. It also doesn't hurt the team's current starting pitching has been good.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That would not have been Elias' style. I don't think we see Hall until after the All-Star break and until after he has a sustained success. One amazing start is not going to change his mind. It also doesn't hurt the team's current starting pitching has been good.

I think those wanting Hall to be recalled haven’t watched him & Rodriquez at Norfolk. Rodriquez in a different hemisphere. Hall, as Elias stated, needs to work on walk totals and consistency. He might be able to be a great setup guy right now but I doubt the Os wanna start there with him. 

15 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I think those wanting Hall to be recalled haven’t watched him & Rodriquez at Norfolk. Rodriquez in a different hemisphere. Hall, as Elias stated, needs to work on walk totals and consistency. He might be able to be a great setup guy right now but I doubt the Os wanna start there with him. 

But admitted a string of 2-3 starts could change his opinion 

I'm okay with the the pace they are bringing Hall along at.  If the O's trade Lyles or a couple bullpen pieces, it will give them a better idea of how Hall will need to be used down the stretch when he is called up, which in my opinion will be at the beginning of August.

55 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I’m hoping they bring him up as a piggyback option for Wells as he nears his inning limit. Control both of their innings at the same time.

• Upvote 4