Worthy of an All-Star selection

wildcard

In no particular order:

Tyler Wells   7-4,  3.28 ERA,  1.05 WHIP,  .221 Avg

Jorge Lopez   3-5, 1,74 ERA,  16 of 20 save attempts, 47k in 41.1 IP, 0.97 WHIP, .169 Avg

Felix Bautista  3-2, 1.82 ERA, 43 in 34.2 IP, 1.01 WHIP, .189 Avg.  How do you argue with 101 MPH

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

• wildcard changed the title to Worthy of an All-Star selection
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Nobody on the O’s has a slam dunk case.   That three game rough patch for Lopez really hurt him.  I won’t be surprised if he’s the pick anyway though.   

Yeah, he was easily the pick before Minnesota.

I read somewhere online somebody else had been speculating Hays being the choice but he's fallen off quite a bit since the early months. 

Somebody mentioned it on OH the other day, and I, too, would not be upset with Mancini getting the selection. I don't think he's most deserving from Baltimore though. 

6 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

Yeah, he was easily the pick before Minnesota.

I read somewhere online somebody else had been speculating Hays being the choice but he's fallen off quite a bit since the early months. 

Really it’s just been the last 10 gsmes that Hays has fallen off, but he has fallen hard: .079/.125/.105 in that stretch.  Now that’s a slump!   Funny thing is, he’s making contact.   He’s only struck out 9 times in 40 PA, which isn’t as good as usual for him but isn’t that bad either.   But he just doesn’t seem to be making a ton of hard contact right now.  

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Really it’s just been the last 10 gsmes that Hays has fallen off, but he has fallen hard: .079/.125/.105 in that stretch.  Now that’s a slump!   Funny thing is, he’s making contact.   He’s only struck out 9 times in 40 PA, which isn’t as good as usual for him but isn’t that bad either.   But he just doesn’t seem to be making a ton of hard contact right now.  

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

In no particular order:

Jorge Lopez   3-5, 1,74 ERA,  16 of 20 save attempts, 47k in 41.1 IP, 0.97 WHIP, .169 Avg

Felix Bautista  3-2, 1.82 ERA, 43 in 34.2 IP, 1.01 WHIP, .189 Avg.  How do you argue with 101 MPH

It would be awesome to see Bautista make it and build up his resume. Only to sneak into the top 3 of ROY voting and get us an extra draft pick for next year. That’s going to be tough with Rodriguez, Peña, Witt, AR, etc….

Also, I don’t want our pitchers pitching in the ASG. 

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

17 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Yeah, that could definitely be the explanation.

Poor Austin Hays repeatedly taking fastballs to the wrists has been reminding me recently of Steve Martin in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, where his character gets beaten/shot/punched a dozen times over the course of the movie in the same wound area on his shoulder.  "That's never gonna heal!"  

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You're right, it has been more recent, but it's been a steep decline. And as I type this I saw somebody posted from Twitter that he's going to be sitting out with a sore wrist. So I think it's fair to say his slump is injury related. 

23 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Is it a lock that we get only one? 

I'd bet money on one Oriole representative. 

I heard Miggy and Albert are both going to be on the rosters this year. I wonder if they are just an extra player or actually tying up a roster spot? 

1 hour ago, PHRESH said:

I heard Miggy and Albert are both going to be on the rosters this year. I wonder if they are just an extra player or actually tying up a roster spot? 

Extra, as I understand it.  “Commissioner’s pick.”

8 hours ago, wildcard said:

In no particular order:

Roch predicts Lopez as only rep. Cases could be made for:

Lopez

Batista

Perez

Wells

Mountcastle

Mullins

Hays

Santander

Mateo (defense matters haters:)

I do think is being on a 7 game win streak helps us significantly to possibly get a 2nd rep.