Cade Povich 2022

Just Regular

On 8/7/2022 at 11:03 PM, Sports Guy said:

Not sure who this guy is although I see Luke and Tony follow him.  Have come across some of his tweets and he seems like he knows what he is talking about.

Definitely worth a follow. A lot of good insight and observations. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Elias is a clever, clever man.  

I have slowly come of the mind that Elias knows what he is doing.  I feel he is probably the smartest guy in the room whatever room he enters.   He is young, smart and driven to succeed.  And I honestly think he just loves Baseball.   

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, baltfan said:

Just gave up a 2 run homer.  5ks through 3 though. 

Pitched really well.  Couldn’t full on scout with a four year old running around but sat 91-94 with some kiddy-up.  Really just the one mistake but to be fair, Enrico Pallazo was behind home plate.  Everyone was complaining about the strike zone, well not the pitchers.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Solid AA debut.  5ip 3h 2r 6k 2bb on 47/79.  If you haven't seen this guy pitch yet, he's a tall lefty and really hides the ball well.  Didn't have his best control and fell behind a lot of batters, but had some pretty nasty stuff the guys were having trouble squaring up.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Solid AA debut.  5ip 3h 2r 6k 2bb on 47/79.  If you haven't seen this guy pitch yet, he's a tall lefty and really hides the ball well.  Didn't have his best control and fell behind a lot of batters, but had some pretty nasty stuff the guys were having trouble squaring up.  

Curious if anyone can compare his profile to Drew Rom? Off the bat, Povich has more zip on his fastball with the potential to add more.

8 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Curious if anyone can compare his profile to Drew Rom? Off the bat, Povich has more zip on his fastball with the potential to add more.

I've never watched Povich pitch, other than the short clips posted here, but it's an interesting thought-comparison, Rom is less than 4 months older than Povich, and has more than 3 times as many professional innings under his belt due to being drafted out of HS. ERA's are similar (Rom is about 0.3 runs lower), their BB/9 rate is basically the same, as is their HR/9. Povich has a higher K/9 rate at 12.5/9 against Rom's 10.6/9. Povich currently has more even splits against RH/LH batters (something that makes me wary about dominate MiLB LHP starters after watching Matusz). He's got a pretty even sub-.700 OPS against split against both sides, slightly better against LH's as you'd expect. Rom has a .200 OPS difference with RHs hitting him over .800 OPS/against for his career with LHs at less than .650.

In terms of actual stuff and shape of pitches, control, command, and velocity. I imagine Tony can speak more to that. 

• Upvote 1