Do you believe the O's will call up Henderson this season?

interloper

Do you believe the O's will call up Henderson this season?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the O's will call up Henderson this season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/22 at 17:26

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And I’m sorry but if you think wining right now is their top priority, after trading the guys they did, keeping Odor on the team, blocking Stowers with Phillips, etc…I don’t know what to tell you.  

And btw, the overall blame is on Angelos, not Elias.

Agree completely on Angelos.  But to clarify, I think winning and competing for multiple World Series titles is the top priority.  Mancini did not need to stay to make that a reality.  We can differ on Lopez but his replacement was also on board.  I expect more changes as we go forward and as long as the pitching continues to perform, I expect the O's to remain above .500 and be in the conversation regarding playoffs.  

Just now, foxfield said:

Agree completely on Angelos.  But to clarify, I think winning and competing for multiple World Series titles is the top priority.  Mancini did not need to stay to make that a reality.  We can differ on Lopez but his replacement was also on board.  I expect more changes as we go forward and as long as the pitching continues to perform, I expect the O's to remain above .500 and be in the conversation regarding playoffs.  

Calling up Gunnar now has zero to do with winning multiple WS titles Except that it realistically makes it more possible to win in 2023.

Henderson is #1 overall by BA.

Manny was the #11 overall by BA prior to 2012.

Mussina was the #19 overall prior to 1992.

Markakis was #21 overall in 2006.

Ben McDonald was the #2 in 1990.

Am I missing any other highly-rated Orioles prospects from the 1980s-today?  Because Rutschman was #1, Henderson is #1, Grayson is #4, Holliday 41, Hall 61, Cowser 97, Westburg 98.

This is the best farm system the Orioles have had since at least the mid-70s.  If you played a game between the Orioles who've been in the minors this year against the 1985-2015 Orioles farm system all stars I like the chances the 2022 team have.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Am I missing any other highly-rated Orioles prospects from the 1980s-today?  Because Rutschman was #1, Henderson is #1, Grayson is #4, Holliday 41, Hall 61, Cowser 97, Westburg 98.

This is the best farm system the Orioles have had since at least the mid-70s.  If you played a game between the Orioles who've been in the minors this year against the 1985-2015 Orioles farm system all stars I like the chances the 2022 team have.

Wieters. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Calling up Gunnar now has zero to do with winning multiple WS titles Except that it realistically makes it more possible to win in 2023.

Calling up Gunnar now should be about having Gunnar in the best position for long term success.  That could mean calling him up now....or it could mean a different view.  It's possible he cannot improve any more on the farm and any further developments would best be served by being in the show.  It's also possible that there are a few boxes they want checked and that they are not treating this summer as a different group did with Manny in 2012. 

There is nothing wrong with that...and I am not even really disagreeing with you that he is ready.  I share your opinion.  It's just that ours isn't the most important and ours isn't the most informed.  And making opinion statements as if they are factual is of course what keeps the internet humming.... 

Just now, foxfield said:

Calling up Gunnar now should be about having Gunnar in the best position for long term success.  That could mean calling him up now....or it could mean a different view.  It's possible he cannot improve any more on the farm and any further developments would best be served by being in the show.  It's also possible that there are a few boxes they want checked and that they are not treating this summer as a different group did with Manny in 2012. 

There is nothing wrong with that...and I am not even really disagreeing with you that he is ready.  I share your opinion.  It's just that ours isn't the most important and ours isn't the most informed.  And making opinion statements as if they are factual is of course what keeps the internet humming.... 

He's got the still be a rookie in 2023 box to check.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

If the service time rules didn’t exist, there would be no thoughts or discussions of leaving him down until late April of next year.

It has nothing to do with checking boxes that may or may not be up mattering.  

11 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Matusz and Gausman.

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Matusz peaked at #5.  Gausman #20, at least by BA.

I feel like pitchers have a much higher flameout rate, so I'm a lot more comfortable about the current class being heavy on non-pitchers.

The Os had a highly ranked system leading up to the 2012-2016 run.

The talent level in our system right now (and Adley) seems to be better than those years but we don’t have the on field results with those guys yet.

Seems like we should be liking their chances but what they do to bring in outside talent will make a difference, one way or another.

Edited by Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I feel like pitchers have a much higher flameout rate, so I'm a lot more comfortable about the current class being heavy on non-pitchers.

Some of the fun of this group is that DL Hall and Grayson Rodriguez are I feel truly "miscellaneous possessions" to the current regime.    I'll probably save the happiest who would have been the Not DL Hall and Not Grayson Rodriguez draft pick alternate realities for some time after they get closer to recording the last out of the season.

I just hope what Matt Blood is about to do with Grayson Rodriguez in the coming years doesn't alienate Grayson or the baseball gods too much.    Theo Epstein says its just Math, but maybe he'll find a way to change the incentives somewhere along the way to his Commissioner of Baseball end game.

Edited by Just Regular