Jud Fabian 2022

ShoelesJoe

6 hours ago, nvpacchi said:

I saw ta stat on twitter that at Delmarva Jud Fabian has seen 61 pitches outside the strike zone, and has only swung at 3 of them (one swing being a HR).

Its probably easy for him to spit on low level pitching, but you gotta love that kind of plate discipline early on.

Considering he had a hole in his swing the size of Antarctica and struggled against  college pitching, this is great to see on any level.

If they can fix him, it almost makes me wish the Os took Elijah Green #1.

Edited by Sports Guy

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Considering he had a hole in his swing the size of Antarctica and struggled getting college pitching, this is great to see on any level.

If they can fix him, it almost makes me wish the Os took Elijah Green #1.

Definitely, but its nice they don't have to teach discipline on top of his swing holes.  The whole dev team has big bonuses in its future if it can fix Fabian and Beavers.

• Like 1

For a guy with a ton of swing and miss in college, he's only got about 3K's in close to 40 PA.   Beavers is doing well in the plate discipline department as well.   It will be interesting to see where they sit at the end of Delmarva's season but they are both on their way to having as good or better debut seasons than Cowser did at the same level last year.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

For a guy with a ton of swing and miss in college, he's only got about 3K's in close to 40 PA.   Beavers is doing well in the plate discipline department as well.   It will be interesting to see where they sit at the end of Delmarva's season but they are both on their way to having as good or better debut seasons than Cowser did at the same level last year.

Apparently his weakness in college was almost exclusively high fastballs. Unclear if FCL/low-A pitchers have the ability or awareness to target that.

15 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

does your dWAR go down if you simultaneously make a great play but also take out one of your own pitchers?

I was watching that game.  I believe that was Prado.  A very big play to end the game.   I was taken aback a little.   You'd think the team would go out to him, make sure he was okay and congratulate him.   He was down and out for a while out there.  He got shaken up pretty good.   Instead, most of the bullpen guys left him there and joined everyone else for the shaking of hands at the mound.    It amounted to a game saving catch or pretty close to one.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

I was watching that game.  I believe that was Prado.  A very big play to end the game.   I was taken aback a little.   You'd think the team would go out to him, make sure he was okay and congratulate him.   He was down and out for a while out there.  He got shaken up pretty good.   Instead, most of the bullpen guys left him there and joined everyone else for the shaking of hands at the mound.    It amounted to a game saving catch or pretty close to one.   

Ugh, that's rough, thanks for the insight as I couldn't really tell from the clip what happened, other than guys signaling for the trainer at the end. Hoping he's okay. 

On 8/25/2022 at 10:33 AM, Tony-OH said:

Tell you what, I've only seen a few plays, but he looks like a legitimate defensive CFer.

That was the scouting report coming out of college as well. If the Orioles can help him make better contact, he's going to be a legit prospect  

21 minutes ago, seak05 said:

That was the scouting report coming out of college as well. If the Orioles can help him make better contact, he's going to be a legit prospect  

He's been very impressive overall. Not sure how he hit soo poorly this year in college with the approach I've seen from him so far.

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He's been very impressive overall. Not sure how he hit soo poorly this year in college with the approach I've seen from him so far.

Word I got was they wanted him to swing more aggressively to drive in runs. They pressed him to do that. The UF staff has some strange practices these days. Many talented kids regressed there the past 2-3 years. 

• Upvote 4