Sunday August 21: vs Red Sox in Williamsport

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Interviewing the players WHILE they're in the field? This is simultaneously fascinating and horrifying.

Yeah I've seen several games this season where they have done that. Luckily it hasn't cost anybody an error yet. It's pretty entertaining

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

Not sure I like Mullins and Hays being mic'ed up, distracting them from playing their position. 

Never felt good about that either. That said, Mountcastle was very entertaining when he was earlier this year. One play he had to either run in for a bunt or something and he said, "man I was gassed getting back to that ball". 

I don’t care about this being played in Williamsport, though it’s an overall nice publicity shtick. 

I will say that the thing that’s bringing me the most joy about this is the fact that 8 or 9 months ago, the producers at ESPN figured they’d need two teams for this game and decided on the Sox and Orioles. And there’s no doubt in my mind that they figured the Sox would be in a playoff race and that the Orioles would just show up to get their brains beat in on a national stage. 

**** ESPN. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t care about this being played in Williamsport, though it’s an overall nice publicity shtick. 

I will say that the thing that’s bringing me the most joy about this is the fact that 8 or 9 months ago, the producers at ESPN figured they’d need two teams for this game and decided on the Sox and Orioles. And there’s no doubt in my mind that they figured the Sox would be in a playoff race and that the Orioles would just show up to get their brains beat in on a national stage. 

**** ESPN. 

They needed a team that would accept giving up a home game.