All prospect team

RZNJ

Name your all prospect team using players who have NO major league time at all.   You must use players at a realistic position.  For example, Coby Mayo can be used at 3B, 1B, LF or RF.  Those are realistic positions for him at this point.

1B Mayo

2B Ortiz

SS Holliday

3B Westburg

C  Basallo

LF Beavers

CF Cowser

RF Kjerstad

DH Norby

Starting pitchers

Grayson Rodriguez

Drew Rom

Jean Pinto

Cade Povich

Chayce McDermott

Relief Pitchers

Noah Denoyer

Just Armbruester

Ryan Watson

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Name your all prospect team using players who have NO major league time at all.   You must use players at a realistic position.  For example, Coby Mayo can be used at 3B, 1B, LF or RF.  Those are realistic positions for him at this point.

Not to be nitpicky, buy Yennier Cano saw a few innings both with Minnesota and with the Orioles this season.

But it's a great list, I'm having trouble trying to think of others who would be more worthy.

Edited by CharmCityHokie

7 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Not to be nitpicky, buy Yennier Cano saw a few innings both with Minnesota and with the Orioles this season.

But it's a great list, I'm having trouble trying to think of others who would be more worthy.

I knew that and broke my own rules.  My bad.  I'll make the correction.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I knew that and broke my own rules.  My bad.  I'll make the correction.

If you make the rules, you can amend them to your favor. 

I was trying to think of a different relief arm that would be worth, but we sure get thin real quick in the pitching department. Jake Prizina maybe?

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wait, no Creed Willems? 

;)

Haha.  Someone picked him as a beakout candidate for next year in another thread and I though that was a good choice.   At this point, gotta go with Basallo.   It would be interesting to see if Handley would be next or ..........

From a 'priority play' perspective, Jackson Holliday gets starting reps at SS with Ortiz getting his share of time at SS and 2B too.

Norby/Westburg/Kjerstad would be getting some 'developmental' reps at 1B for me too.

Max Wagner sounds like a solid bench option and Haskins as CF depth.

And since there's no time frame on the rules of engagement, Seth Johnson should get some type of honorable mention.

This is so much more fun when we actually have prospects!

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I did over with Holliday in.   I took out Fabian and moved the others around a little.

Fabian is obviously a better defender and although you could make the case that Fabian did even better than Kjerstad at Delmarva, I'm not ready to push Fabian ahead just yet.   It's quite possible that by this time next year, that Fabian is a better prospect than Kjerstad but I'm not ready to bet that way.

Going to be fascinating to see how much Elias trusts our home grown guys versus where he thinks we need to add from the outside.

The conventional wisdom is you really can't build from within. Obviously you can to some degree, but most think a lot of churning is needed to build a champion. I have no idea how he'll proceed, but could argue that he should just spend on pitching and let the home grown bats fill all of the batting/fielding gaps.

Edited by LookinUp
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Fabian is obviously a better defender and although you could make the case that Fabian did even better than Kjerstad at Delmarva, I'm not ready to push Fabian ahead just yet.   It's quite possible that by this time next year, that Fabian is a better prospect than Kjerstad but I'm not ready to bet that way.

Yea I can see that.  Fabian needs to show the hit tool more.

OToH, so does Kjerstad.  We don’t know if he will ever be the player we hoped he would be.  

I don’t think it’s wrong to go with Fabian.  Hopefully Kjerstad really takes off in 2023.