Free agent predictions contest

bpilktree

I saw this on mlb trade rumors and thought it would be interesting to see who people might put as their Orioles predictions. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/11/enter-the-mlbtr-free-agent-prediction-contest-5.html

I ended up with Taillon, Eflin and Brantley on the Orioles though i didn't do a lot of research and figured we wouldn't spend any more on big time free agents.  

8 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I saw this on mlb trade rumors and thought it would be interesting to see who people might put as their Orioles predictions. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/11/enter-the-mlbtr-free-agent-prediction-contest-5.html

I ended up with Taillon, Eflin and Brantley on the Orioles though i didn't do a lot of research and figured we wouldn't spend any more on big time free agents.  

I like your picks as far as being close to what really happens. I believe Taillon is a good bet.

Edited by RZNJ

27 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

That was fun. I predicted Josh Bell, Wacha, and Walker to the O's (ugh).

I can't nail it down that far.   I do think there are a range of possiblities that are better than Lyles including Taillon, Walker, Manaea, Heaney, Sydergaard, Quintina, Wacha, and Clevinger.

The bat I think Abreu or JD Martinez.

And a backup catcher.

At least the players mention in the above post are sensible.   Not the top of the market players that are often talked about but probably will never happen.

I’ve posted multiple times on what I want them to do and what I hope they do. My actual speculation is “no idea” though because we haven’t seen Elias in  buy now mode before. But if I had to guess I’d say they sign a veteran DH and a veteran SP, neither of which will be in top tier of free agents and definitely no one with draft pick compensation attached. Something like Walker and Brantley sounds about right. I’d personally be underwhelmed but I’ve had some unrealistically high hopes ever since the “lift off” comment. This is still the Baltimore Orioles though so a couple good but not great free agents and maybe a couple kinda significant trades are in the cards?

I never end up actually finish the MLBTR free agent prediction thing, but if I guessed my Orioles signings, I’ll go with Walker and Brantley.