Shintaro Fujinami

Frobby

12 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Only 1 BB in last 8.2IP 11Ks in that span.  Now we are talking.  Cautiously optimistic.  

I'm still not trusting Fuji in high leverage situations this season unless there's no other choice. I would love to see what the Orioles pitching lab can do with Fuji this off-season if the Orioles can resign him.

With his arm I'm willing to spend a few million on a one year deal with team option.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm still not trusting Fuji in high leverage situations this season unless there's no other choice. I would love to see what the Orioles pitching lab can do with Fuji this off-season if the Orioles can resign him.

With his arm I'm willing to spend a few million on a one year deal with team option.

I'm not there yet, either.  But I'm no longer reaching for the bourbon when he comes in to pitch.  We need guys to cover the 6th and 7th inning sometimes and before this recent stretch of pitching, I had absolutely zero confidence.  

Fuji made things interesting tonight. 1 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 0 K. Was behind just about every hitter. Velocity seemed a little down too. Could have been worse but CHW ran into a double play on a routine fly ball to Mullins to end the game. 

I will note, Fuji's walkless streak is still intact, and the last two hits came on what looked to me like good pitches (FB that painted the outside corner, went for an oppo field base hit, and FB in on the hands that went for a 71.3 exit velo liner/bloop that fell in). 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I hope that we never have to use Fuji in the ninth and either the game is tied or there's a one run lead. I simply dont trust him.When he has a big lead , he's fine...but I wouldn't use him in a high leverage situation. Has not impressed me when it really mattered.

So he can’t pitch in truly high-leverage spots, and he doesn’t pitch effectively when used two days in a row.  If so, that’s pretty useless.