Elias on MLB network 1230-ish

Just Regular

16 minutes ago, tabletop said:

That's true but the fact they already had ridiculous rules like that in place shows it's possible it can happen again. Maybe he didn't want to risk dealing with it. Who knows, it's just something I saw and figured I'd mention.

Will the Orioles didn't have napkins out in the concourse this season. An employee told me because of Covid 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I think that might be more sick. You saw it, liked it enough to share it, and didn't say "eh maybe I shouldn't, the guy AND HIS KIDS literally just died tragically". 

You think I only share stuff I like?

That's not even close to true.

I share stuff I find interesting, which isn't the same thing at all.

I also used to share music I thought other people might like, even if I didn't care for it myself.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think they are just going to clean up the aesthetics.  It could look nicer.

I was thinking they may put take back some of the extra acreage by putting something besides seats, maybe a club or restaurant or something with a view of the field.   Or sports betting parlor or something.   In front of the wall.

I think that is the next step in ballpark evolution.   Fewer actual seats where people are just sitting in a chair watching the game, and more areas like the rooftop bar, where people are in some special area that can be charged more for, and still have a view of the game.   

[Standard disclaimer:  I am predicting this will be a trend, not saying I necessarily will like it.   Purists who hate it, don't shoot the messenger!]

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think I only share stuff I like?

That's not even close to true.

I share stuff I find interesting, which isn't the same thing at all.

I also used to share music I thought other people might like, even if I didn't care for it myself.

Yes, sharing a joke about recently dead children is the same as sharing music. What a service you did that day! Providing a sick joke you didn't like, but hopefully someone else will enjoy! 

42 minutes ago, justD said:

Elias: Yeah, look. We were brought in to try to win and look at things from a fresh perspective. And the dimensions at Camden Yards, while beautiful, had been cozy and been a very dramatic home run park for, like, 30 years. You talk to the players – the pitchers who have pitched there, both young and old – they would tell you it wore on their psyche, they were scared to throw the ball over the plate. It’s not an easy recipe for success, being the type of market that Baltimore is, and not being able to attract pitchers on one-year, kinda bounce-back deals.

I've been told that this doesn't matter from a message board commenter. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yes, sharing a joke about recently dead children is the same as sharing music. What a service you did that day! Providing a sick joke you didn't like, but hopefully someone else will enjoy! 

Hey... nobody cares about your storeroom full of axes to grind.

Take it somewhere else.