Orioles sign Adam Frazier

eddie83

Just now, Slight Upward Arc said:

That’s 17 too many in what should’ve been a playoff race. And yes that was a horrendous decision to start Hall in that situation. Just terrible. 

You think he brought him up wanting to lose that game? If you didn’t like the decision that is fair. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

You think he brought him up wanting to lose that game? If you didn’t like the decision that is fair. 

I think he did it with Hall’s development in mind, while not caring at all about the importance of that game. Every decision made down the stretch had everything to do with the future, nothing to do with the present. And here we are again. 

Edited by Slight Upward Arc

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It doesn’t matter. You don’t need to sign him to make any trade.  We have, at a minimum, 3 second base options for OD and Norby could be another quickly.

Well, seems you and Elias have a different opinion on that.  

I'm not going to get too worked up until the offseason is over.

I really think this is a move to make a trade more tolerable.

Just now, Slight Upward Arc said:

I think he did it with Hall’s development in mind, while not caring at all about the importance of that game. Every decision made down the stretch had everything to do with the future, nothing to do with the present. And here we are again. 

If that was the case then why didn’t Vavra and Stowers play more in September. 

You are all over the map. 

1 minute ago, Slight Upward Arc said:

The futures so bright you got to wear shades. Oh,oh tangent.

Just now, eddie83 said:

If that was the case then why didn’t Vavra and Stowers play more in September. 

You are all over the map. 

Thanks! Love a good compliment. Always my favorite when people make it personal when they don’t like what someone says.

Elias doesn’t believe in Vavra and Stowers. Vavra I can somewhat understand, but I don’t get at all what his beef with Stowers is. But he’s looking to hide him this year too. And obviously this move today is really bad for Vavra. 

27 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

Elias has always struck me as incredibly risk-averse. There isn’t a lot of risk involved with signing Gibson and Frazier to one year deals. If they’re terrible, they’re gone in a year. If they’re good, they’re also gone in a year. I don’t particularly care for either move, but neither move surprises me. 

For example, signing Benintendi, who I think is a significantly better player than Frazier, would involve a 3-4 year commitment with an AAV of at least $14MM per year. That’s too risky for Elias. Bassitt was too risky for Elias at three years given his “the first year of the deal is the best” belief. I’ve taken heat, but I think his drafts (which have been good) avoid risk to the extent that he would rather draft John Rhodes than Bubba Chandler or some overslot high school player.

I think we had a good idea that Elias would be good at building a farm system, analytics department, etc. What we didn’t know and still don’t know is whether he is capable of taking a team ready to compete and putting it over the top. That involves risk.

His statements that he doesn’t think they can win the East lead me to believe that he doesn’t view this team as ready to compete. Maybe that’s why he’s unwilling to take any risks, but eventually he’s going to have to take a risk, or we’ll have lost Adley and Gunnar in 3 or 4 years without a playoff appearance, and we’ll hear that trading those players was for the best for the long-term health of the organization.

He never said that he thought this team couldn’t win the east.  That’s not accurate but it seems to keep getting repeated.

• Upvote 1