Orioles sign Adam Frazier

eddie83

I would be happy if next October he duplicates what he did this past October when his clutch double in the 9th inning completed the insane comeback for the Mariners and knocked the hated Jays out of the playoffs in their own house.  The last time we saw anything that remotely clutch for our squad was over 8 years ago against Detroit.  

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

Except for the Aguilar signing and the Phillips trade. Those puzzle me more than just about anything. Whoever brought those ideas to the table should be reassigned to washing batting practice balls and cleaning/polishing cleats. We need help for the clubbies too. See, I sometimes criticize Elias…lol.

I’m just a guy who has been coming to your board for a long time. We agree on a lot of things. Not on this one. Moving on. Cheers!

See, we do agree about something with Elias' team!

I appreciate ya and don't get too upset over the fanboy thing. I really just lack a better term to use when some people seem to always defend Elias, no matter what. 

I can mix it up at times, but for the most part, I'm not even mad when I'm disagreeing. I might come across that way, but I'm honestly trying to get my point across while maybe teaching others some points on the new stat metrics and how to use them. 

I certainly don't know it all, and I'm constantly learning and adapting to new information that becomes available. I love baseball and Orioles obviously, but also don't mind mixing it up a bit. 

The funny thing is, if someone called me an Elias hater,  would have just laughed it of and showed them all the times I agreed with him or said nice things about them. But man, do people hate being called a fanboy of Elias. lol 

What term is acceptable for those of you that think Elias deserves the benefit of the doubt on everything he does?

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I appreciate ya and don't get too upset over the fanboy thing. I really just lack a better term to use when some people seem to always defend Elias, no matter what. 

I can mix it up at times, but for the most part, I'm not even mad when I'm disagreeing. I might come across that way, but I'm honestly trying to get my point across while maybe teaching others some points on the new stat metrics and how to use them. 

I certainly don't know it all, and I'm constantly learning and adapting to new information that becomes available. I love baseball and Orioles obviously, but also don't mind mixing it up a bit. 

The funny thing is, if someone called me an Elias hater,  would have just laughed it of and showed them all the times I agreed with him or said nice things about them. But man, do people hate being called a fanboy of Elias. lol 

What term is acceptable for those of you that think Elias deserves the benefit of the doubt on everything he does?

Reasonable. 

54 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Like I said, I don’t have a feeling about it either way. Call me…an optimist? Or just acknowledging two rational intelligent men can disagree? We can each call it like we see it, without hating or being his caddy. If Frazier sucks, then I’ll call it what it is.

Until then, I’ll root the guy on and hope he works hard to get back to where he was with the Pirates. He’s an Oriole now. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Like I said, I don’t have a feeling about it either way. Call me…an optimist? Or just acknowledging two rational intelligent men can disagree? We can each call it like we see it, without hating or being his caddy. If Frazier sucks, then I’ll call it what it is.

Until then, I’ll root the guy on and hope he works hard to get back to where he was with the Pirates. He’s an Oriole now. 

I for one, think this is a good last paragraph for this 53 page book. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Here's the thing, I'll root for Frazier too. I'd rather he be good and go against every conventional thinking we have to go off of and help the team win then be right. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Wait, so you believe the team was 31 games better because of the veteranosity of Odor who was worth -.4 rWAR and he personally made Mateo an excellent defensive SS? 

Damn, we should resign Odor to the $8 million contract if he was really worth 31 wins with his Veteranosity. 

Personally, I think it was addition of Rutschman and Gunnar to a lesser extend, the improved starting pitching, the improved bullpen, and the ability of Santander to play healthy most of the year that led to the 31 game improvement more that -0.4 dWAR veteranosity guy, but feel free to believe what you want. 

Hate to say this, but the team had a losing record (16-18) in the games Gunnar played.  They did have a 16-14 record when he started, though.  

As to Odor, the team had a losing record both when he played (64-71) and when he started (52-61).  Nobody can really say he helped the team on the field.   

3 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

That is utterly ridiculous. I expected it, though.

Why is it ridiculous?  I’m not for a signing for a go nowhere player blocking the young guys we need to see and could depend on long term.

Why would you want to block/take away at bats from those players, especially for a guy who isn’t going to move the needle at all.

Edited by Sports Guy

25 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why is it ridiculous?  I’m not for a signing for a go nowhere player blocking the young guys we need to see and could depend on long term.

Why would you want to block/take away at bats from those players, especially for a guy who isn’t going to move the needle at all.

You said that there was no outcome for you that would make you think it is a good signing. Of course there is, unless you are just being stubborn. 

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Lol, you have called me apologist. I didn't like that either but prefer it to fanboy. (Ideally we would stick with specific arguments rather than labeling people as one thing or the other).

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

You said that there was no outcome for you that would make you think it is a good signing. Of course there is, unless you are just being stubborn. 

I’m not considering fantasyland, never going to happen outcomes. This isn’t Disney world.

If he’s a 3 WAR player I still won’t be happy.  I’ll be glad he did good but taking at bats away from the future isn’t a good thing. 

There is very little reason to think he’s going to be some really good bounce back candidate and I value the process in which the addition was made and this process was poor.

Edited by Sports Guy

24 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Lol, you have called me apologist. I didn't like that either but prefer it to fanboy. (Ideally we would stick with specific arguments rather than labeling people as one thing or the other).

Or you and some others can not be so sensitive. Sad how fragile some people are nowadays. I'm trying to be nice here, but at some point, either accept that when you constantly support or attack Elias and you are a broken record one way or the other, you will get labelled. Apologists, Haters, whatever. 

If that bothers you so badly and you can't handle the group name, then perhaps this is not the place for you. I was about done with this, but now I am getting tired of the whining.