Suggested Deal w/Marlins

Answerman

2 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

A .316 batting champ who doesn't hit for any power and who can't play a single position (defensively) well. And the Marlins will have to play him in the field for most of the season because they're stuck with Soler for another year. I'm not sure who won this trade, mostly because of Lopez's horrendous home/road splits and struggles last season, but Arraez is not the superstar they are making him out to be. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

A .316 batting champ who doesn't hit for any power and who can't play a single position (defensively) well. And the Marlins will have to play him in the field for most of the season because they're stuck with Soler for another year. I'm not sure who won this trade, mostly because of Lopez's horrendous home/road splits and struggles last season, but Arraez is not the superstar they are making him out to be. 

There is so much misinformation in your post, I don't know where to start.   Araez has decent defensive numbers at 1B according to Fangraphs and Lopez had a better ERA on the road (3.00) than at his pitchers park (4.55) at home.     What is your point and can you actually back it up with numbers instead of thin air?

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Marlins gave up a lot for Arraez. It’s hard to hide his glove with the shift ban.

Time to move onto signing Wacha, or trading for Eric Lauer from the Brewers. Or just rolling with what we have. 

I don't bet, but if I did, I would go with "rolling with what we have." They don't seem at all interested in signing players or trading for anyone we have ever heard of.  

I wonder if MIN is pessimistic on Mahle or Maeda, or if they are thinking 6-man.

On paper, none of Mahle, Maeda, Ryan, Ober or Sonny Gray are as flimsy as our back rotation guys.     Someone about as good (or better) at baseball as Ramon Urias is looking at not starting one of their first five games.