Spring Training Roster

wildcard

39 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm especially interested in seeing what Westburg and Cowser can do.  I think both could play important roles on the 2023 teams.  If Westburg puts up a 1.000 OPS in spring training does he get a spot?  Cowser I think will stay in AAA for a while regardless, but I'm hoping he will be a starting COF by the All Star break.

With the Frazier signing, Westburg is destined for Norfolk unless there is a trade of Urias so Westburg gets to be the Util Inf.

3 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

With the Frazier signing, Westburg is destined for Norfolk unless there is a trade of Urias so Westburg gets to be the Util Inf.

I'm hoping that Frazier does well so he can be dealt at the deadline, otherwise it will be a long summer w/ Frazier as the punching bag replacing Odor.  Zero chance of the O's cutting someone making $8 million.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 6:20 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I apparently need to start paying more attention. Thank you!

Well... I stand corrected. Philadelphia has put out it's Spring Training Invites.  Roberts doesn't receive a NRI to Spring Training.  Phillies must not see him past a Minor League fill in.  Phillies bring their MLBer's Realmuto & Stubbs.  MLB/AAA Marchan (23.9) & Hohn HIcks (33.4), AAA McDowell (29), and AA/aaa Friscia (26.1) who hit 0.063 in AAA and was Phillies 40th round pick in 2019.  No Roberts.

Meanwhile... Still no word on Orioles Spring roster except less reps every day for the guys at 1B.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:07 PM, wildcard said:

I hear he is a defensive disaster.

He made 8 errors in about 50 games which is terrible.  He did start 6 DP’s which is quite good.   It was his introduction to 1B.    Maybe he stinks there or maybe he can improve.