Maybe Frazier can play

wildcard

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

That is so far outside the box you can't see the box from where that is.   The box is a tiny little dot like the Earth in that picture taken by Voyager.

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

O's are not offering Frazier 1/19M.

I did say it was further outside of the box! But wouldn't we have all said the same thing about Trumbo? Looking at the low end of the QO market (Anderson 3/39, Eovaldi 2/34, Rizzo 2/34), are you telling me there is zero chance Frazier ends up outperforming any of those guys?

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

I suppose they want Ortiz and Norby to get a significantly bigger number of AAA at bats. They have their reasons for this. Absent one of these young fellas prospering from the spring competition and forcing their way into the opening day lineup, which is a great thing, there is no blocking anyone. Competition drives development and achievement. It just does. There is no argument to make against that. (That is so SG of me…lol)

Westburg does seem just about ready, but there must be something that will happen that has not revealed itself yet. I would like to know what their plan is.

I know, my thoughts are stupid, absurd and invalid. 

We have competition without Frazier. We have vets and depth without Frazier.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

I think I finally figured out an appropriate Adam Frazier comp. Absolute best case scenario he's a poor man's Luis Arraez. And when I use the word poor, I'm talking homeless living under the JFX. 

Arraez just got traded for Pablo 

I have been a fan of the signing and against the vast tide of OHers who have ranged from it is bad, blocks prospects, washed up at 31 side to, at best, “well i hope he does well, but he won’t”. 

I am on the Elias side.. i think he puts up 2.5 to 3 WAR or more and is a key contributor to us making the playoffs.  He has an individual reason to exceed expectations. 

If the prospects are ready, flip him.  But relying on prospects who have no ML at bats  is no way to win it this year .. adjustments are often rocky.  Fine if you are aiming for 2024 to give the prospects all the time. 

Hedging your opinions by saying ..” he’s terrible but of course I hope I am wrong “will not be sufficient to prevent eating crow. EVERYONE, of course, hopes every O exceeds expectation.  That is a given not an opinion. 

• Haha 1

I just can't get over the attention he's generated on the board this offseason. He's one of the most boring, vanilla signings with what will likely end up being a minimally consequential role/contract. $8m on 1 year just doesn't seem like that big of a deal, it's probably comparable to a year of arbitration-determined salary for a player of Frazier's quality. Worst case scenarios are he either sucks and we see Westburg/Ortiz by May, or he's good and we don't see Westburg/Ortiz until late July. What'll be really wild is if he's good, they trade him and promote the prospects, and people go nuts about how the O's aren't trying to win hard enough in 2023 😆

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ThisIsBirdland said:

I just can't get over the attention he's generated on the board this offseason. He's one of the most boring, vanilla signings with what will likely end up being a minimally consequential role/contract. $8m on 1 year just doesn't seem like that big of a deal, it's probably comparable to a year of arbitration-determined salary for a player of Frazier's quality. Worst case scenarios are he either sucks and we see Westburg/Ortiz by May, or he's good and we don't see Westburg/Ortiz until late July. What'll be really wild is if he's good, they trade him and promote the prospects, and people go nuts about how the O's aren't trying to win hard enough in 2023 😆

I think I'm rooting for Frazier more than any other Oriole just because nobody likes him. He's currently living in this entire board's head rent-ass-free. The dude owns us, it's hilarious. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

I think it's because signing Adam Frazier was one of their "big moves" this off season (on the heel's of the liftoff comment by Elias). 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think I'm rooting for Frazier more than any other Oriole just because nobody likes him. He's currently living in this entire board's head rent-ass-free. The dude owns us, it's hilarious. 

Seriously, dude's gonna get introduced on opening day to half a stadium booing him and he'll have no idea why lol.

• Haha 1