Rank the four “big” offseason moves

Frobby

Simply put, how would you rank these, 1 to 4, and why?   I’m not asking for commentary on how good the moves were in an absolute sense or whether we’ve done enough.  In chronological order:

1.  Signed Kyle Gibson for 1/$10 mm

2.  Signed Adam Frazier for 1/$8 mm

3. Traded Luis De La Cruz for James McCann and took on 2 yrs/$5 mm in salary obligations

4. Traded Darrel Hernaiz for Cole Irvin and Kyle Virbitsky

You can just rank them using these numbers for shorthand.  Which did you like best, and which was worst, in your opinion?

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Simply put, how would you rank these, 1 to 4, and why?   I’m not asking for commentary on how good the moves were in an absolute sense or whether we’ve done enough.  In chronological order:

1.  Signed Kyle Gibson for 1/$10 mm

2.  Signed Adam Frazier for 1/$8 mm

3. Traded Luis De La Cruz for James McCann and took on 2 yrs/$5 mm in salary obligations

4. Traded Darrel Hernaiz for Cole Irvin and Kyle Virbitsky

You can just rank them using these numbers for shorthand.  Which did you like best, and which was worst, in your opinion?

1. Irvin

2. Gibson

3. McCann

4. Frazier

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

4-1-3-2

Pretty good chance that Irvin is a member of the rotation for two maybe three years.  Gibson should be a decent rotation member for the year.  McCann should be a fine backup as long as he isn't used for much else.  Frazier I think was a misstep.

When the Frazier signing first happened I felt pretty okay with it, but I was assuming he was a supplemental piece…not the offensive crown jewel of the off season. Reflecting on it now, it is really a terrible signing.