MLB.com all underrated team

Sports Guy

The Monty dinger was off a 99 mph heater from our old friend, Hunter Harvey.  :)

We already know how special Adley is, but Haase's 25 HR over the last two years being the 10th most for a C really highlights the offensive gap between top C and an above average C.  I assume it's specifically when he's playing C because he's hit 36 (in 732 PA) over the last 2 seasons (good for 8th for Cs).   Adley has 13 is 470 PAs.

From an OPS standpoint, Adley is #7 over the last 2 seasons (with 300+ PAs total).  The only active names ahead of him are Smith, Jansen, Perez, Stephenson, and William Contreras.  And he's just ahead of Realmuto and Willson Contreras.  

But the cumulative WAR over the last 2 years still has Adley #6.  Adlley is pacing Realmuto is Mr. Prorater can be trusted.

4 hours ago, btdart20 said:

The Monty dinger was off a 99 mph heater from our old friend, Hunter Harvey.  :)

I was at that game.  I wish I had known about the friendship between Mountcastle and Harvey before the game but only read about it the next day.  It would have made for an even cooler moment.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's not being underrated.  You want they keep Gunnar in AAA for him?

I'm still hopeful it's Mateo that gets bumped by Gunnar.

I'm hoping it's Frazier. You know, the least versatile infielder out of the bunch who is coming off a season with a .600 OPS. 

I think it's likely you see Frazier/Mateo/Urias all play about two-thirds of the time early in the season.  Hopefully the playing time after that is divided based on production. 

I would lean towards 2B Frazier, 3B Urias, and SS Gunnar being the most common infield alignment if I had to guess. 

43 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's not being underrated.  You want they keep Gunnar in AAA for him?

I'm still hopeful it's Mateo that gets bumped by Gunnar.

He’s absolutely underrated, both nationally and by his own fan base, and maybe by his own GM.   Hence Frazier.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’s absolutely underrated, both nationally and by his own fan base, and maybe by his own GM.   Hence Frazier.  

I don't know if Elias "underrates" Urias, but it's clear, both this year and last, they don't want him playing 150 games at 2b.