Fangraphs updated playoff odds

btdart20

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Whatever the Twins odds are, they likely should be increased after last night. Jose Ramirez landed a right hook on Tim Anderson’s face and knocked him in his butt in their game. Those two are due for a pretty long suspension each. That should doom Cleveland. 

Wow, I didn't see that. I would never condone violence but purely based on aesthetics that is one of the better punches we've seen since Odor. Also could not have happened to a more deserving player. The Twins are at 87.5%, already looking good for them. 

29 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Wow, I didn't see that. I would never condone violence but purely based on aesthetics that is one of the better punches we've seen since Odor. Also could not have happened to a more deserving player. The Twins are at 87.5%, already looking good for them. 

Agreed,one of the better landed punches I’ve ever seen on the diamond. Might have effectively ended the Guardians season tho. 

If the pitching injuries and trades of Rosario and Bell didn’t already do that. 

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

Agreed,one of the better landed punches I’ve ever seen on the diamond. Might have effectively ended the Guardians season tho. 

If the pitching injuries and trades of Rosario and Bell didn’t already do that. 

And Cicale was traded too 

Its almost enough to make you wonder if a Hall of Fame contender selling his prime to a low revenue Club then seeing it devalue a playoff chance he worked to create might tick a guy off.

Jose Ramirez feels like a Mike Elias kind of player, controls the strike zone, switch hits, has recorded 1 of the 2 KO's well known in recent baseball memory, and experience winning.     He'd also bring an example of selling prime years to a Club at a discount, a skillset Elias surely would dearly love to build.

Cleveland always needs outfielders.    He's put up 40-some Wins by age 30...I wonder if his GM would call him an old 30.

• Upvote 2

Really glad I’m not an Angels fan. What an absolute crap show. Or maybe I should say Crap ‘Sho’. What a crime to waste not one but two of the all time greats while barely even sniffing the playoffs. And then they dump what prospects they do have to stupidly chase their tiny percentage chance. I hope Shohei signs somewhere else, as long as it’s not in the ALE. 

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Seeing people all over Buster in the comments section is *chef’s kiss*

Particularly enjoying the comments re Mussinas number also not being retired by the Yankees, an excellent point. But you’re right it’s all gold. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Based on those % the playoff teams are basically set, just the order to be determined. We can help move Seattle down a little more next weekend hopefully. 

I wouldn’t say that. There is still a lot of baseball left to be played. Last season, a lot changed over the final two months. Not many people had the Phillies in it at this same point last season. 

21 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Based on those % the playoff teams are basically set, just the order to be determined. We can help move Seattle down a little more next weekend hopefully. 

I'd like to see Seattle pass Toronto and get the last WC. Still want to beat them when we play them though.

18 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

I wouldn’t say that. There is still a lot of baseball left to be played. Last season, a lot changed over the final two months. Not many people had the Phillies in it at this same point last season. 

Sure. That’s why I said ‘based on those percentages’. I think Seattle has a better than 1 in 4 chance, though I’m not sure that much better.