It seems like another free agent could be signed: who's left that makes sense?

interloper

I can see the logic in adding Profar. If Profar is added someone like McKenna could be sent to AAA. Profar has played some 1B in his career as well. Could make things work and still keep McKenna for his glove as well and Vavra/ O’Hearn stay at AAA. They have talked all winter about a LH behind Mountcastle. 

He doesn’t K much and takes walks. Shift could benefit. He isn’t a must have. Would improve overall roster and depth. Also can’t see the team overpaying for him. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I can see the logic in adding Profar. If Profar is added someone like McKenna could be sent to AAA. Profar has played some 1B in his career as well. Could make things work and still keep McKenna for his glove as well and Vavra/ O’Hearn stay at AAA. They have talked all winter about a LH behind Mountcastle. 

He doesn’t K much and takes walks. Shift could benefit. He isn’t a must have. Would improve overall roster and depth. Also can’t see the team overpaying for him. 

I don’t see the point of Profar over McKenna. He can’t play CF, and it’s not like he’s a good hitter. The thing he does decently with the bat (hit LHP), McKenna did much better last year. We don’t need anyone else in the OF taking ABs away from Stowers, and eventually Cowser. 

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

I don’t see the point of Profar over McKenna. He can’t play CF, and it’s not like he’s a good hitter. The thing he does decently with the bat (hit LHP), McKenna did much better last year. We don’t need anyone else in the OF taking ABs away from Stowers, and eventually Cowser. 

It could be Profar over Vavra or someone else. 

It’s all about cost to me. It makes club deeper. Yes, Cowser is a consideration down the road. 

Gibson/Irvin/Bradish/Grayson/Kremer -- Voth/Wells/Hall -- I suppose it could be an SP, but I doubt it.  It wouldn't be an upgrade and pushes the development/opportunity of guys further out too.  I can only imagine the meltdown of bringing Bundy back!

I don't think Profar's a better bet than Hays, McKenna, or Stowers considering their roles (McKenna/Hays) and what might be (Hays/Stowers).  

I can see Profar over Vavra if they are itching to spend money upgrading depth and don't project Vavra as ever more than depth.

I can see a dart thrown toward Britton or one of the RPs.  But doubt it.

I think Profar would kick Santander to DH.  Vavra to AAA and Westburg/Ortiz to AAA.  We then also wouldn't have to rush Cowser.  Our lineup would be,

vs RHP

1. Mulllins L CF

2. AR S C

3. Gunnar L SS

4. Santander S DH

5. Mountcastle R 1B

6. Stowers L LF

7. Urias R 3B

8. Profar S RF

9. Frazier L 2B

McCann, Mateo, Hays, Mckenna