2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

19 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Of course not.  Of course, we don't know if Urias would have matched what Frazier did, now do we?  🙂  Frazier had a good day, no question, so I'll eat my crow for today.  Still doesn't change the fact that he's been a below average player this year, both with the bat and in the field.  

As has been cited earlier in the thread, Frazier was 5 for 12 against Alcantara, last year's Cy Young Award Winner. Now he's 8 for 16 with two more homers and 4 more RBIs. Seems like the plan worked out perfectly. Shades of Jeff Reboulet vs. Randy Johnson.

And despite the great game, he's not starting today. I think the management knows what it's doing, using more specific stats.

44 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Well Cowser is gonna get a ton of reps now with Mullins out again. 

I want to give you neg rep on this but not because of your post but the bad news.

Really sucks. Mullins has been very good this year.  That said, let him sit out for a while to make sure that’s good. We will want/need him 100% for the playoffs

I hope he can be back by early September. That gives him plenty of time to get his rhythm heading into the playoffs.

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

As has been cited earlier in the thread, Frazier was 5 for 12 against Alcantara, last year's Cy Young Award Winner. Now he's 8 for 16 with two more homers and 4 more RBIs. Seems like the plan worked out perfectly. Shades of Jeff Reboulet vs. Randy Johnson.

And despite the great game, he's not starting today. I think the management knows what it's doing, using more specific stats.

Right. This is what I mentioned in the lineup thread and in general I’ve stated multiple times that they are in a really great position where they can go with the hot hand, legitimately platoon or just play the guys who best match up that day. 

I would prefer Cowser in the lineup but I am not going to complain about Hicks being out there if he’s producing and they’re winning. And I write that after having been VERY against signing Hicks to begin with. 

1 minute ago, banks703 said:

Right. This is what I mentioned in the lineup thread and in general I’ve stated multiple times that they are in a really great position where they can go with the hot hand, legitimately platoon or just play the guys who best match up that day. 

I would prefer Cowser in the lineup but I am not going to complain about Hicks being out there if he’s producing and they’re winning. And I write that after having been VERY against signing Hicks to begin with. 

Hicks is walking but otherwise, he hasn’t been producing for his last 50ish at bats.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Hicks is walking but otherwise, he hasn’t been producing for his last 50ish at bats.

No doubt. I would prefer Cowser getting the reps but I am not going to complain if they’re winning and Hicks is getting on base/producing. His ability to hit from both sides of the plate and work counts is something that really only Ant does with any consistency. We’ve seen both Ant and Hicks run counts to double digits this year. The other guys just don’t do that. 

Again, I’d like to see more Cowser and less Hicks but I am not going to lose sleep over it if they’re winning and Hicks is productive. 

5 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I want to give you neg rep on this but not because of your post but the bad news.

Really sucks. Mullins has been very good this year.  That said, let him sit out for a while to make sure that’s good. We will want/need him 100% for the playoffs

I hope he can be back by early September. That gives him plenty of time to get his rhythm heading into the playoffs.

Unfortunately, each time Mullins went down it was just when he was getting in a groove or this time, when he appeared to breaking out again.   He had the homer last night and a really nice single against the left Garrett tonight.