2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

2 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I think this is a bad move, but it's better than Stowers go get some regular playing time. Obviously, Hyde and company don't like him and aren't going to play him much. 

If they aren't going to play him they should trade him.  He'd probably rather stay up and not play over being demoted.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If they aren't going to play him they should trade him.  He'd probably rather stay up and not play over being demoted.

I don’t agree that they should trade him. He’s useful if someone gets hurt.  Honestly I’d have preferred that he stay on the roster and that Hyde would have found more playing opportunities for him.   But I still think he’s a valuable asset even if he’s in AAA, just like McKenna was when he was on the shuttle a couple of years ago.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t agree that they should trade him. He’s useful if someone gets hurt.  Honestly I’d have preferred that he stay on the roster and that Hyde would have found more playing opportunities for him.   But I still think he’s a valuable asset even if he’s in AAA, just like McKenna was when he was on the shuttle a couple of years ago.  

Some people are more concerned about the player than the team.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't say give him away.

If he's not seen as a part of the team going forward they should attempt to get value for him.

This should have been what you said before you had to qualify it with this post.

I didn't say give him away.

If he's not seen as a part of the team going forward they should attempt to get value for him.

Well, I’d consider moving Stowers if we could get someone who fits our needs better.  But I still like him and don’t feel his early demotion means he won’t end up playing a valuable role for the Orioles in 2023 and beyond.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Well, I’d consider moving Stowers if we could get someone who fits our needs better.  But I still like him and don’t feel his early demotion means he won’t end up playing a valuable role for the Orioles in 2023 and beyond.  

I think they have enough guys coming up hard from behind that Stowers is a piece that can be moved.  They are putting Westburg in the outfield now even.

It's weird, when I say something like "Trade him" instead of "Give him away" I expect folks to be able to figure it out without further explanation.

No. It’s about “if they don’t think he fits into the team going forward”.    

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

So I should have implicitly stated that they shouldn't trade him away if they feel he is a fit going forward?

I'll take your critique under advisement.

48 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This was all about the player’s interests.  Nothing about the team.  Of course, Stowers would rather rot on the bench in the majors than get demoted.  So what?