2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

1 minute ago, Brian88 said:

Let the meltdown begin 

At least Mateo isn't in the lineup.  A little concerning Adley isn't in the lineup after the off-day.  You would think this is a series where he could play all three games (one at DH). 

Lefty heavy lineup.   7 out of 9.

Lopez splits:
   Career:  LHHs OPS 90 points higher than RHHs
   2023:  LHHs 100 points higher than RHHs

Ober splits:
   Career:  LHHs OPS 50 points higher than RHHs
   2023:  RHHs OPS 90 points higher than LHHs (reverse splits)

Gray splits:
   Career:  RHHs OPS 27 points higher htan LHHs (slight reverse splits)
   2023:   LHHs OPS 70 points higher than RHHs

So clearly, if there is a gam this weekend to stack the lefties, this would be it.   Which means Frazier in the lineup, and Bemboom catching for one game in the series.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

OMG.  Is this the crap we’re going to get every time Westburg doesn’t play?   

Probably yes,  especially since it means that either Mateo or Frazier are then starting in his place.   Frankly I don't disagree,  Westburg should be starting pretty much every game somewhere, especially after an off day. 

I am also a big soccer fan.  I follow Manchester City, who by all accounts employ one of the greatest managers the game has ever seen.  One of the things that makes him great is that he always fields his best team, without exception, unless there is an injury or fitness issue.  He wins game after game and the players either adapt to his system or they find the exit.  In no world would he ever field a player, regardless of age or experience who was objectively weaker than the ostensible replacement.  Watching Brandon Hyde make lineups is like watching ineptitude being rewarded.   I cannot fathom why this last lineup against the Twins was made.  Why you routinely start weaker players.  We are scuffling and our poor decisions are catching up to us.

18 hours ago, Redfoot32 said:

I am also a big soccer fan.  I follow Manchester City, who by all accounts employ one of the greatest managers the game has ever seen.  One of the things that makes him great is that he always fields his best team, without exception, unless there is an injury or fitness issue.  He wins game after game and the players either adapt to his system or they find the exit.  In no world would he ever field a player, regardless of age or experience who was objectively weaker than the ostensible replacement.  Watching Brandon Hyde make lineups is like watching ineptitude being rewarded.   I cannot fathom why this last lineup against the Twins was made.  Why you routinely start weaker players.  We are scuffling and our poor decisions are catching up to us.

You can't compare Manchester City with the Baltimore Orioles. One is back by and endless stream of financial resources, while the others is owned by one of the worst/cheapest owners on the continent. Man City have all-world players on their bench because of their budget, the Orioles consider a 10 million dollar player a worthwhile investment for a #1 starter. Brandon Hyde and Mike Elias for that matter can only work within the limitations and restrictions that have been placed upon them by our awful owner. Maybe comparing the Orioles to Man United would be a better more apt comparisons. 

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Sunday,early Sunday 

If Henderson and Adley don’t start hitting more towards their potential the offense will struggle long term.  The other guys are nice role players but those two along with Santander and Mullins need to be the main carriers of the offense.  

I like Gunnar leading off.  He should see more Fastballs hitting in front of Adley.  Soon we should have...

1. Gunnar L SS

2. Adley S C

3. Santa S 1B

4. Hays R LF

5. Mullins L CF

6. Hicks S DH

7. Westburg R 3B

8. Cowser L RF

9. Frazier L 2B

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Downvote 1