Kyle Bradish 2023

Frobby

Another strong turn, and even with the slow start, Bradish has now pitched himself to the 50-yard line of AL SP in K-BB on the year.

Rolling 30 days, he's joined Tyler Wells as an AL SP1, if you go by the yardstick the AL should have 15 of them.

Its occurred during a down time for the Club as a whole, but Bradish growing to join Wells as vaguely top of rotation is a nice story this year.

I've seen postgame interviews where Bradish and Kremer have mentioned being close, and both are in important roles now, but at the mile high view for me, Kremer is a pitcher Andrew Friedman let Dan Duquette have, and Bradish is a pitcher Mike Elias singled out from a not as strong Organization.

Kremer might be more of a Miguel Gonzalez, but I have hopes there could be some Tillman in Bradish.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Another strong turn, and even with the slow start, Bradish has now pitched himself to the 50-yard line of AL SP in K-BB on the year.

Rolling 30 days, he's joined Tyler Wells as an AL SP1, if you go by the yardstick the AL should have 15 of them.

Its occurred during a down time for the Club as a whole, but Bradish growing to join Wells as vaguely top of rotation is a nice story this year.

I've seen postgame interviews where Bradish and Kremer have mentioned being close, and both are in important roles now, but at the mile high view for me, Kremer is a pitcher Andrew Friedman let Dan Duquette have, and Bradish is a pitcher Mike Elias singled out from a not as strong Organization.

Kremer might be more of a Miguel Gonzalez, but I have hopes there could be some Tillman in Bradish.

IMO Bradish is more talented than Tillman. His slider is an elite put away pitch, something Tillman never had. However, it remains to be seen if he can have the type of effective/consistent run that Tillman had. Hopefully, Bradish has a longer career.

Kremer on the other hand looks like a back of the rotation guy. No where near the ceiling/potential/talent as Bradish. 

I don't get the comparison of Kremer to Gonzalez, except that they both pitched for the O's as starters. They are nothing a like in terms of profile IMO.

• Upvote 1

IMO....what a joke.  Humble is not consistent with anyone on this board.

So in my bias opinion Bradish clearly has big league stuff, and good results.  If he wants to move up to the next level he needs better control.  He throws too many non-competitive pitches which stretches out too many AB's.  

34 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

IMO Bradish is more talented than Tillman. His slider is an elite put away pitch, something Tillman never had. However, it remains to be seen if he can have the type of effective/consistent run that Tillman had. Hopefully, Bradish has a longer career. Kremer on the other hand looks like a back of the rotation guy. No where near the ceiling/potential/talent as Bradish. 

Agree re: Bradish but I'm not ready to conclude Kremer isn't as talented. IMO he needs to give up a few pitches and just focus on 3-4 and how to sequence them. Palmer said as much and if I'm Kremer I would listen, but Jake didn't so we will see. This thread made me think about pitchers ME "singled out" to acquire per JR's comment. Wells, Bradish, Brnovich, Seth Johnson, Povich coupled with drafting college arms to transition to power BP arms like Cano. We need a longer timeline but likely we are seeing how ME intends to build his rotation and BP as he waits for the fruits of the Dominican Academy to ripen (ala Houston). We want him to buy a TOR now but to me it seems he is choosing to pick partially ripened fruit from other orgs/colleges and have the patience to season them.

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

I don't get the comparison of Kremer to Gonzalez, except that they both pitched for the O's as starters. They are nothing a like in terms of profile IMO.

Nothing about style or profile, just comparing guesses around overall output.     2012-2016 they were both good, but Tillman shouldered about 20-25% more workload even though the 2012 was only half a season, and became the 200 innings, Game 1 type.     Miggy was gone to the White Sox by '16.

1 hour ago, AnythingO's said:

Agree re: Bradish but I'm not ready to conclude Kremer isn't as talented. IMO he needs to give up a few pitches and just focus on 3-4 and how to sequence them. Palmer said as much and if I'm Kremer I would listen, but Jake didn't so we will see. This thread made me think about pitchers ME "singled out" to acquire per JR's comment. Wells, Bradish, Brnovich, Seth Johnson, Povich coupled with drafting college arms to transition to power BP arms like Cano. We need a longer timeline but likely we are seeing how ME intends to build his rotation and BP as he waits for the fruits of the Dominican Academy to ripen (ala Houston). We want him to buy a TOR now but to me it seems he is choosing to pick partially ripened fruit from other orgs/colleges and have the patience to season them.

Who the heck is Jake? Jake Arietta?? What does he have to do with Kremer? Again, I’m confused by the strained comparisons between every player that has worn an O’s uniform. I have NEVER seen Jake Arrieta as a comp to Kremer.

As far as Elias is concerned and building a rotation, he has A LOT of work to do. Based on his draft and development strategy we do not and are not projected to have an entirely in-house rotation. To believe that is hubris at best. He is going to need to acquire talent outside of the org in order to compete with the big boys in the Fall.

31 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Nothing about style or profile, just comparing guesses around overall output.     2012-2016 they were both good, but Tillman shouldered about 20-25% more workload even though the 2012 was only half a season, and became the 200 innings, Game 1 type.     Miggy was gone to the White Sox by '16.

I guess that I am just unable to understand what IMO are strained unrelated comparisons. It seems to me that the only thing in common with the players is that they wore Orioles uniforms. 

3 hours ago, Baltimorecuse said:

IMO....what a joke.  Humble is not consistent with anyone on this board.

So in my bias opinion Bradish clearly has big league stuff, and good results.  If he wants to move up to the next level he needs better control.  He throws too many non-competitive pitches which stretches out too many AB's.  

What’s a joke?

2 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

I think you are referring to IMHO which would fit your response better.

Good point, I was reading it IMHO.  However, it's the same deal.  Everything here is basically IMO.  IMO is a rhetorical device that is  a cliche on the internet.