Wednesday, April 5: Grayson Rodriguez's long awaited debut vs Jacob deGrom

SteveA

Just now, MurphDogg said:

Given that he has 1 CG since 2018 and the season is a week old, I am going to go with "no".

Looks dominant though.

going to be big controversy if they pull him while he has a Perfect game/no hitter going and a decent pitch count. 

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Given that he has 1 CG since 2018 and the season is a week old, I am going to go with "no".

Looks dominant though.

I'm inclined to agree, but he's averaging a little under 12 pitches per inning right now.  If he's still perfect later in the game, I think they let him go for it.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm inclined to agree, but he's averaging a little under 12 pitches per inning right now.  If he's still perfect later in the game, I think they let him go for it.  

DeGrom only threw 100 pitches once last year and only pitched 7 innings twice, just need to foul off some pitches, have tough at-bats and hopefully get into the bullpen by the 7th.

Edited by MurphDogg
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

This is what you get when you spend $$ on pitching. Take note Elias and Angelos. 

But you also get Verlander and Rodon on the IL to start the season when you spend $$ on pitching.  And, you would have talked different after deGrom's first game.  I was a Verlander booster.  Not so much now.

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

oh yeah

since I haven't been around in a while

hey @Moose Milligan - how you feel about Fred McGriff finally making the Hall of Fame?

I'm happy with it.  

IMO, McGriff suffered from a few things:  Not always the best player on his team, not always the best player at his position (but a top 5 guy), no memorable moments, no heavy hardware awards, didn't lead the league in anything very often and was a quiet guy.

He was just a very steady, very consistent hitter for a long time.  In that vein, kind of like Eddie Murray but Eddie had the counting numbers.  

But, IMO, if the writers are going to hold the steroid era against certain guys, you gotta be more lenient -and really, more supportive of- a guy like Fred McGriff who never was once mentioned as a steroid guy.  

Getting in was long overdue for him.  And while I always appreciated him while he played, I just really liked the Tom Emanski commercials more than anything and especially at the end where he pointed at the camera.  So that's why I've got the avatar.  

• Thanks 1