Cedric Mullins 2023

interloper

1 hour ago, TopGunnar said:

I’m sure he’s disgusted in his play as well

Yes, I'm sure he is, but that is very different than your original post. You didn't say that you were disgusted in his play - you said you were disgusted by him. For me, I would say I'm disgusted by a player who doesn't give full effort, or doesn't take responsibility, or throws his teammates under the bus, or commits acts of domestic violence. He has been a huge part of this rebuild, he has endured the losing, he works hard and by all accounts I've seen is a stand-up guy. I'm sure it's killing him that he is ice cold and wasn't able to put together the at bats necessary to pull this game out. I'm sure he is hurting more than you and me right now. Maybe it's just semantics, but I am not at all disgusted by Cedric Mullins right now. I do wish he had hit better yesterday.

One of my favorite moments as an Orioles fan was being at Game 2 of the 2012 ALDS. Jim Johnson had completely imploded in Game 1, giving up 5 runs and blowing a save to put us down 1-0. Buck brought him right back out in Game 2 to close a 1-run game. I will always remember how loud OPACY when he came through the outfield gate to take the mound. To me, we were collectively saying - "you're one of us. You are a huge part of what got us here. Wipe yesterday from your mind. We believe in you." I remember thinking that if he were a Yankee under the same conditions, he may not have received the same welcome in New York, but this is Baltimore. 

Maybe I am over-romanticizing what being an O's fan means. But that's what it means to me.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, hallThalmt18h said:

Yes, I'm sure he is, but that is very different than your original post. You didn't say that you were disgusted in his play - you said you were disgusted by him. For me, I would say I'm disgusted by a player who doesn't give full effort, or doesn't take responsibility, or throws his teammates under the bus, or commits acts of domestic violence. He has been a huge part of this rebuild, he has endured the losing, he works hard and by all accounts I've seen is a stand-up guy. I'm sure it's killing him that he is ice cold and wasn't able to put together the at bats necessary to pull this game out. I'm sure he is hurting more than you and me right now. Maybe it's just semantics, but I am not at all disgusted by Cedric Mullins right now. I do wish he had hit better yesterday.

One of my favorite moments as an Orioles fan was being at Game 2 of the 2012 ALDS. Jim Johnson had completely imploded in Game 1, giving up 5 runs and blowing a save to put us down 1-0. Buck brought him right back out in Game 2 to close a 1-run game. I will always remember how loud OPACY when he came through the outfield gate to take the mound. To me, we were collectively saying - "you're one of us. You are a huge part of what got us here. Wipe yesterday from your mind. We believe in you." I remember thinking that if he were a Yankee under the same conditions, he may not have received the same welcome in New York, but this is Baltimore. 

Maybe I am over-romanticizing what being an O's fan means. But that's what it means to me.

You beautifully summed up why I've been a life long, proud Oriole fan. Thank you!