Trade Target - Bryan Reynolds

Pat Kelly

We have quite a few high end young OF options in the minors. We have little or no high end pitching, at the MLB level or in minors. It seems a bit silly to waste a trade bullet on an OFer to me. Reynolds is the type of player a team with an embarrasment or riches and/or World Series aspirations trades for. We're not there yet. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

We gotta stop with the Bryan Reynolds thing. 

Agree, but I'll tell you what, the Pablo Lopez thing is sure starting to look like a missed opportunity in hind sight. He's looked great so far this season and would have filled a pretty big hole for us. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Subtract Mullins from the team though. 

I'm not convinced we couldn't have gotten something done with Santander if we had sweetened the pot with a few prospects. One thing the Marlins have shone this offseason is that they sure do have an affinity for poor fielding players so Santander would have fit right in!

Zero chance the O's go after Reynolds.  There is a pipeline of young outfielders in the minors (Kjerstad, Cowser, Stowers, etc). Plus, it wouldn't make sense from the finance viewpoint since the org has shown no willingness to spend.  We need to trade for pitching, A LOT of pitching. 

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I would try to trade for Ohtani. He's a free agent; we've got alot of prospects. How much would half a year rental cost? He's a plus bat and a plus arm all in one and only takes up one roster spot. 

I wouldn't unless the team is at least a contender.  Why spend any amount of prospects of a couple months of Ohtani?  The O's need more than just Ohtani to get past Houston, New York, and Tampa. 

Just now, CaptDbog said:

I wouldn't unless the team is at least a contender.  Why spend any amount of prospects of a couple months of Ohtani?  The O's need more than just Ohtani to get past Houston, New York, and Tampa. 

I think, I am expecting us to be a contender. I think we can compete with those guys with one more elite pitcher and one more elite hitter...Ohtani!

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I think, I am expecting us to be a contender. I think we can compete with those guys with one more elite pitcher and one more elite hitter...Ohtani!

I love the optimism but I am not quite there yet.  I think the bullpen will turn around with Baker improving and Givens & Tate getting healthy.  The starting rotation needs a lot of work. Kyle Gibson is not a #1 starter on a good team and the starters behind him are no better than a #3 (being optimistic), right now.  

2 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

Agree, but I'll tell you what, the Pablo Lopez thing is sure starting to look like a missed opportunity in hind sight. He's looked great so far this season and would have filled a pretty big hole for us. 

Dominating the Royals & Marlins lineup must of been a true challenge for Lopez. Straight to the HOF for that missed opportunity that costs the twins the batting champ and would of cost us Mullins and by the look of our OF if we lost Mullins would be a complete disaster. Consider not dealing Mullins a correct move by Elias. 

2 hours ago, Winter said:

Dominating the Royals & Marlins lineup must of been a true challenge for Lopez. Straight to the HOF for that missed opportunity that costs the twins the batting champ and would of cost us Mullins and by the look of our OF if we lost Mullins would be a complete disaster. Consider not dealing Mullins a correct move by Elias. 

Did Pablo Lopez only pitch against the Royals and Marlins in 2019?...and in 2020?...and in 2021? Because he was damn good pitcher during that three year stretch. And in my other reply I specifically said that I thought we could put together a competitive trade package without involving Mullins.