The 2023 high water mark thread

Frobby

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

Were people expecting this hot start, or is it a bit of a surprise? They are looking good. With the return of a more balanced schedule, the Orioles could easily win 90 games this year.

I don't know if it's a surprise. We knew were playing some bad teams during this stretch.

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Were people expecting this hot start, or is it a bit of a surprise? They are looking good. With the return of a more balanced schedule, the Orioles could easily win 90 games this year.

We knew the schedule was very soft for a few weeks.  I don’t think our record is too shocking considering who we’ve been playing.  Per this site, we’ve had the 6th easiest schedule to date, and our remaining schedule is tied for the most difficult.   

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

We knew the schedule was very soft for a few weeks.  I don’t think our record is too shocking considering who we’ve been playing.  Per this site, we’ve had the 6th easiest schedule to date, and our remaining schedule is tied for the most difficult.   

It doesn't bother me. Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat, and split with the rest, as the saying goes.

6 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

It doesn't bother me. Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat, and split with the rest, as the saying goes.

Sure.  I’m just saying 12-7 doesn’t greatly exceed expectations when you consider who we’ve been playing.  It certainly meets them.