Cionel Perez

BRobinsonfan

Relievers are volatile and when a guy who has never had much success puts together a decent season, it's always prudent to lower expectations the following season. Perez has never been as good as he was last year. There are more instances of guys having a crazy good season, then regressing to what they've always been than could be counted on all of our fingers and toes on this board combined.

5 hours ago, banks703 said:

Perez looks toast. As Ben mentioned just now maybe the pitch clock is his problem. Either way, they can’t keep trotting him out there. They’d get no worse if they recalled DL Hall from Ft. Lauderdale or whatever he is right now. 

Another wonder is how much he benfitted from the shift last season. No shift this year to help.

Disappointing. He had looked good briefly before the injury. Hate to give up on a guy who led the bullpen in WAR last year. O'Hearn gave him an extra run/baserunners. I can see the case for DFA, I just don't know who we have that would be better. Maybe wait til a trade?

Last night was the perfect opportunity to get his feet wet back in MLB. They weren’t winning that game - he pitched well prior to the injury and might have been rusty. He’s worth a few more lower leverage spots to see if he can be trusted.

I find myself leaving a light on for Cionel Perez.  It’s not that I see any reason he will be more successful going forward than he’s been so far this year, but I just want him to.  The guy wears his heart on his sleeve.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I find myself leaving a light on for Cionel Perez.  It’s not that I see any reason he will be more successful going forward than he’s been so far this year, but I just want him to.  The guy wears his heart on his sleeve.  

Easy to root for and now he’s looked good 2 straight nights… let’s hope he’s back.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

If you put last year Perez in this years bullpen suddenly things look a lot different. Here’s hoping he is getting back to that.