Cionel Perez

BRobinsonfan

It shouldn’t be lost in tonight’s excitement that Perez dug out of a very difficult situation when Urias bounced a routine throw on a grounder by the leadoff hitter Alvarez in the 9th, putting a runner on 2B with nobody out and Abreu and Tucker coming to the plate.  That could have rattled Perez badly, but he just got to work and induced a fly out and a ground out that didn’t allow the runner to score.  Great job by him to get Abreu and Tucker.

12 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I know I was calling for Perez to be released at some point.  I don’t think I was in the minority.  Elias and Hyde showed a lot of patience with him and it’s paid off.

I was super critical of his lack of command. I thought he was destined for a DFA but man, he’s been nails the last month+. When Felix went down I posted that I thought both Danny and Cionel could get save opportunities. I’m glad the O’s know better than me and held onto Cionel through his struggles. 

1 minute ago, banks703 said:

I was super critical of his lack of command. I thought he was destined for a DFA but man, he’s been nails the last month+. When Felix went down I posted that I thought both Danny and Cionel could get save opportunities. I’m glad the O’s know better than me and held onto Cionel through his struggles. 

I don't think he was far from it but he might be pitching better than ever right now. 

Cio pitched yesterday and then he threw 3 pitches for strikes tonight. Beings he only threw 3 pitches, I wonder if that makes him still somewhat available tommorrow night? I would imagine Cano is unavailable.

Tommorrow we have Coulombe, Fujinami, Webb, and Baumann available as the most likely candidates to pitch.