White Sox 2023

Just Regular

The White Sox rolled over for Yusei Kikuchi this afternoon, coughing up a 17/1 K/BB ratio as they lost their 7th straight and fell to 7-18.

Its about a 8 out of 10 on the 2018 Orioles scale.

Tim Anderson will be back soon, and Liam Hendriks will be a big emotional boost when it happens, but they are going to need some Rays like work to dig out.

Lots of star pitchers, and an overall poor farm...

Everybody wondering what’s wrong with the White Sox. I think it’s as simple as their players either can’t stay healthy, or aren’t as good as people thought. Robert, Moncada, Jimenez, Kopech, Giolito was supposed to be a stud core and it simply didn’t turn out that way.  

Got to go to 9 out of 10 on the 2018 Orioles scale after lollygagging, and transforming a no-hit bid into a 10-run loss.    I agree with whoever it was that suggested May Dodger Tim Anderson could be a thing.    As nearer to all 30 GM's are emulating day traders, I believe more early trading than fans are used to may occur this CBA.

I wonder if BAL might know something CHW doesn't how to fix Jake Diekman...

After cleaning house, the May Tim Anderson White Sox are 1-0, as I believe Eloy beat Jorge Lopez in a big spot late last night.    Two good days, and they could be 6 games off the AL Central division lead.

I was watching the Norfolk/Charlotte game the other night.  Billy Hamilton might be fast, but his baseball IQ is lacking.  Dropped third strike, the ball got away from the catcher, he actually ran down toward 1B without a throw, then mysteriously peeled off the field to the dugout 2 steps away from the bag...  I expect that silliness from my 12U team, not from a AAA/former MLer.

25 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

I was watching the Norfolk/Charlotte game the other night.  Billy Hamilton might be fast, but his baseball IQ is lacking.  Dropped third strike, the ball got away from the catcher, he actually ran down toward 1B without a throw, then mysteriously peeled off the field to the dugout 2 steps away from the bag...  I expect that silliness from my 12U team, not from a AAA/former MLer.

Did the play start with a runner on first base and less than 2 outs?  If so, he cannot take first on a dropped third strike.  I didn't see the play, but just trying to think of a reason for him to do what he did.

17 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Did the play start with a runner on first base and less than 2 outs?  If so, he cannot take first on a dropped third strike.  I didn't see the play, but just trying to think of a reason for him to do what he did.

Definitely no runner on 1B.  I talked about it with my sons after the play, then the announcer started talking about it too.  IIRC, there was a runner on 2B or 3B though.