Anaheim Stadium

Going Underground

50 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Anyone been to Anaheim stadium? Be out in LA for Labor Day and since the Orioles are around probably will go.

I went years ago, a bit of an overrated stadium in the middle of a massive sea of urban sprawl. Only thing I remember from that game was the rally monkey and a hot mom and 6 teens in front of me that were thrown out because she was buying them beer, I was not happy about that since they were way more fun to watch than the game.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Anyone been to Anaheim stadium? Be out in LA for Labor Day and since the Orioles are around probably will go.

It’s close to Disneyland.  It can be a pretty long drive from the downtown LA area, depending on the time of day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

It’s close to Disneyland.  It can be a pretty long drive from the downtown LA area, depending on the time of day.

When I went a few years ago, there was a train I took from downtown LA that dropped you off right by the NHL arena and Angels stadium that worked pretty well.  

https://metrolinktrains.com/explore/orange-county/angel-stadium/

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I have not, but I went to the Dodgers' stadium a few years ago and had a blast. Not the nicest stadium I've ever been to, but the fans were extremely lively and into the game.

Dodgers Stadium is also in a much cooler area, sandwiched between Chinatown and Echo Park. 

I went to "the A" years ago in college. I think they have done some renovation to it since then but it's basically in the tradition of the 60's-70's nondescript stadiums stuck in the middle of a big parking lot. I don't remember anything especially noteworthy about the experience and wouldn't recommend going unless the Orioles are in town. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Dodgers Stadium is also in a much cooler area, sandwiched between Chinatown and Echo Park. 

I went to "the A" years ago in college. I think they have done some renovation to it since then but it's basically in the tradition of the 60's-70's nondescript stadiums stuck in the middle of a big parking lot. I don't remember anything especially noteworthy about the experience and wouldn't recommend going unless the Orioles are in town. 

When I lived in SoCal, the only time I went to Anaheim was to see the Orioles.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Orioles5258 said:

I went years ago, a bit of an overrated stadium in the middle of a massive sea of urban sprawl. Only thing I remember from that game was the rally monkey and a hot mom and 6 teens in front of me that were thrown out because she was buying them beer, I was not happy about that since they were way more fun to watch than the game.  

Overrated? I was unaware it was a destination spot for baseball fans. 

• Like 1

I saw the Orioles play there in 2019, and they lost. The stadium wasn't bad, seemed renovated and up to date. The concourses at least on the lower level were open. We sat down the left field line under the second level in the shade. I remember the scoreboard being massive. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Overrated? I was unaware it was a destination spot for baseball fans. 

you're right, I had a misconception that it was ranked in the middle of the pack but its rated at the very bottom along with Oakland and Tampa (both of which I have also been to).

The Tampa game at the walk up ticket booth when asking about seats I was advised to buy the cheapest ticket they sold since every seat in the house was equally bad. 

Edited by Orioles5258
spelling
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

I saw the Orioles play there in 2019, and they lost. The stadium wasn't bad, seemed renovated and up to date. The concourses at least on the lower level were open. We sat down the left field line under the second level in the shade. I remember the scoreboard being massive. 

It was 2014 for me, before I moved to Texas and Hallas and CAORIOLE were there, I think. Idk, I’m getting old.

• Like 1

I was able to get in and out of the parking lot rather easily (though this was a few years ago). It's Anaheim so if you are staying in the Anaheim, it's not bad to navigate, but if you are in LA it's a pain to get to. It's an okay stadium, the rock work in the OF is cool and the entry out front of the park is nice. Otherwise, it's pretty unremarkable...though the prices of concessions (if I remember correctly) were quite reasonable (at least as far as ballpark prices go). 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I live in the LA area and make it there from time to time to see an O's game, though haven't been in awhile.  Since its renovation it's a pretty decent stadium to see a game, and the food is pretty good.  Like Dodger Stadium the most challenging part can be dealing with traffic and leaving the parking lot in a timely manner.  I suspect that is not as bad as it used to be either.  I prefer to see the O's play at Petco when they make it out to San Diego.  That's a nice stadium in a great location.  Don't think I've ever seen the O's at Dodger Stadium but it's a must visit stadium regardless who the Dodgers are playing imo.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Heck, I would go to an Angels game if I was near Anaheim just to watch Othani and Trout play even if the Orioles weren't involved.

Absolutely.  I've been to at least one Yankee/Angels games in Anaheim.  The Angels are a fun team to watch.