Dillon Tate 2023

sportsfan8703

I assume he was at extended spring training.

Did we ever get an indication of how long he was there and what he was doing?

I’m assuming his extended spring training was essentially his Feb/early March and this rehab stint is being treated like his spring training games.  

June will be like his April. At this point, you keep him down the full 30 days and see where you are at after that. I still worry about the elbow but maybe they are dodging the bullet if the velo is there.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I assume he was at extended spring training.

Did we ever get an indication of how long he was there and what he was doing?

I’m assuming his extended spring training was essentially his Feb/early March and this rehab stint is being treated like his spring training games.  

June will be like his April. At this point, you keep him down the full 30 days and see where you are at after that. I still worry about the elbow but maybe they are dodging the bullet if the velo is there.

The strained forearm is very worrisome. I like Tate, but he does have options. He needs to be fully healthy. I’m assuming Givens comes back before him. We’d have to DFA Perez or send down Baumann for Tate. You only make those moves if Tate is healthy. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Well then we can enjoy some flexibility to option fresh arms up/down in the spot Rom is currently in. That makes me think we won’t rush Givens since we have 30 days. Tate can be optioned. 

I like Givens and Tate for the long run, but both missed ST basically. 

Elias essentially said they won’t come up before they’ve pitched back to back games in their rehab.  Neither has done it yet.   I think Givens will get there by the end of this weekend.  Tate may be longer.  

17 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Encarnacion 109.5 HR was smoked.  Stinks they didn’t get the distance.  Still looks like these #s are a work in progress. I think they confused some of his change ups.  He through a fin but didn’t seem like that many.  Do they determine pitch by shape or ball spin? 

4 hours ago, jdwilde1 said:

Rehab or not, that’s a brutal outing. Someone trying to throw batting practice could fair better.

The Orioles are probably going to have to use an option on Tate if his rehab time expires. Because he's not ready yet. He's still got to shake off more rust and get his arm & mechanics back to full strength.

9 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The Orioles are probably going to have to use an option on Tate if his rehab time expires. Because he's not ready yet. He's still got to shake off more rust and get his arm & mechanics back to full strength.

I’m worried that this is more than rust or mechanics.  I believe he can stay on rehab until May 24, so still time for 2-3 more outings, but I see no sign that he’s anywhere close to ready.