5/13 - Rainy Saturday vs Pirates

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

No, Gallo is a dead pull hitter. I'm not talking left to right spray hitting but rather that Mountcastle tends to hit in the same areas often. 

And I don't think that spray chart shows anything that can accurately be described as a "very narrow spray".

To me a "very narrow spray" would indicate very specific grouping of hit balls not general pockets of increased frequency.

Does Mountcastle's spray chart look starkly different than that of Mullins?

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/cedric-mullins-ii/17929/spray-charts?position=OF&type=battedball

4 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Is Wells an ace?

He’s our #1.  Dont think he’s Ace caliber.  Need to be a lot more dominant/pitch to less contact.  He’s darn good though.  Heck of a rule V

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Is anyone out there aware of a data collection that shows the increasing height or, better still, advancing of the release point of pitchers over time?  6'8" used to be freakishly tall for a pitcher, and now it's just a tall guy.

I've never seen a source for player height that I trust without reservation.

Release point is more likely but if it exists the data is only going to show the very recent past.