Orioles are Beating Everyone

baltfan

I still want to see them winning games easier. That’s the mark of a really good team. Their pythag theorem record is still 8 games over 500.  

Now, that is obviously not foolproof as some predictor and I think he tells you how great the pen has been but definitely would like to see some separation in runs scored and runs allowed.

5 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I still want to see them winning games easier. That’s the mark of a really good team. Their pythag theorem record is still 8 games over 500.  

Now, that is obviously not foolproof as some predictor and I think he tells you how great the pen has been but definitely would like to see some separation in runs scored and runs allowed.

They have the 5th best run differential in all of baseball. Things are going pretty well if that's the biggest gripe.

Sorry, tied for 5th best.

Edited by deward
error

One of the funniest things about this board is that when the Orioles get good, posters get snippy with each other.

If this team was 15 games under .500 and headed towards a last place finish, I bet the tone around here would be a lot different.  Now suddenly that everyone cares and we're good, people are on edge cause...THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN OFTEN.  And some of us don't know how to act.

14 minutes ago, deward said:

They have the 5th best run differential in all of baseball. Things are going pretty well if that's the biggest gripe.

Sorry, tied for 5th best.

I’m not saying the run differential is bad but that the record is perhaps better than it should be.

The margin for error is slimmer right now than it should be for a team this far over 500.