Wednesday, May 31: Homestand and the month of May end with rubber match vs Guardians

SteveA

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Are they tho?

This is year 5 under Elias and right now they look to be competing for a WC spot.

Is that ahead of schedule?

Do you think the 2023 Orioles can win the World Series? I think that's ultimately the point in American professional sports.

Because I don't think they can this year but do project they could as soon as next year once prospects are brought up, I consider them ahead of schedule.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are they tho?

This is year 5 under Elias and right now they look to be competing for a WC spot.

Is that ahead of schedule?

The Astros (under Luhnow and Elias) started their teardown in 2011 and were in playoffs by 2015. I'd say the Orioles are about on schedule esp if you throw in covid year. They should make the playoffs this year. Anything less is a disappointment 

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Melanie is awful but she does make a good point that we looked horrible against the A’s

And we looked great against Toronto.   What does that have to do with today?

We didn't lose a series to the A's like Atlanta just did.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

This team has a great record in a extremely tough division.....but I have been struggling with "Imposters syndrome"  I have a deep feeling we are not as good as our record.  That somehow we have been playing way above our heads.  I fear the wheels might come off or the other shoe will drop.   

Still our record is solid and we have beaten good teams.  I should feel happy but I guess I am a "Glass is half empty" kind of guy.  

I think it comes from 40 years of horrible Oriole teams with five or six really decent clubs in that time.  I get so damn stressed in some of these games.  

I want to apoligize for calling Givens fat.  He doesnt deserve that.  I know better and I am sorry to have spouted off.  

1.Don’t feel bad about calling Givens fat. He is fat and his performances have been embarrassing. 
2. Were a solid team but our bullpen is really bad, and bullpens are in my opinion the most important group of a team.