Rays series II

Frobby

Because Rays, Taj Bradley is someone who leads AL Active Roster length pitchers in K-BB yet has not been "good enough to stay up".    He will earn something like 0.7 service time years this season, probably about the same as Grayson Rodriguez.

Because Elias, Taj Bradley is also someone who has been touched up by the Norfolk Tides lineup.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/bulls-vs-tides/2023/05/06/723163#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=723163

Last turn Bradley struck out 6 to start the game in OAK before somebody bunted leading off the 3rd inning.     He ended up not completing 5 innings that game.

Edited by Just Regular

48 minutes ago, oriole said:

If there’s any hope of catching the Rays then the O’s need to beat the Rays. 

Though, to win the AL East could imply that they’d line up at the No. 1 seed and the whole bye week thing doesn’t seem like a great idea in baseball. So I’d take the top wild card spot without any complaints. 

Yeah I am more worried about what the other Wild Card teams are doing then the Rays.  If they play just good baseball the rest of the way it will be difficult to catch them unless we go crazy.  Even though we haven't been playing our best baseball lately we have actually increased our lead of the other  wild card teams as they have been struggling.   We now lead the Yanks by 6 in loss column, Astros and Angels by 6 as well and 7 on the Blue Jays.  

3 hours ago, oriole said:

If there’s any hope of catching the Rays then the O’s need to beat the Rays. 

Though, to win the AL East could imply that they’d line up at the No. 1 seed and the whole bye week thing doesn’t seem like a great idea in baseball. So I’d take the top wild card spot without any complaints. 

Top wild card spot means you get minimum two home playoff games, right? That should be an attainable goal.

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Does anyone know how/why the Rays have played four more games than the Os?  I know it’s not even usually but a four game difference seems larger than normal. 

My guess is the fact that they play in a domed stadium.

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

My guess is the fact that they play in a domed stadium.

Not sure why. How many rainouts have we had?  Maybe one?  Maybe more and I’m just forgetting. Highly possible. 

Looking around the league it seems most teams are at 73-75 games with a few exceptions. So maybe it’s better to ask why we’ve played so few rather than why TB has played so many. All these off days bunched together in June hasn’t made much sense. And most of them have been road off days, which makes it even weirder. 

We missed McClanahan in series and then he was pulled in 4th inning tonight with left side/ back injury.  The Rays have to hope that is not oblique injury to their ace who lost tonight to Royals.  The Rays must have a lot of off days coming up as they have played 5 more games then us.  

Just saw the postgame interviews and McClanahan said he was frustrated but understood precautionary pull (mid-back tightness).     His average pitch velocity tonight on the hard stuff was down about 1.5mph from his First 15 Starts averages, according to a MLB network graphic.

Nice rally by the Royals to come back and beat them.    I wonder if they are wondering why Very Important good kid life lessons for Wander Franco began on a McClanahan night after BAL left town and KC came in.

Edited by Just Regular
  • Upvote 1