What position players do you want on the team right now?

Sports Guy

C Rutschman S

C McCann/whoever

1B O'Hearn L

1B Mounty R (platoon starter)

2B Westburg R

SS Mateo R

3B/SS Henderson L

3B Urias R

OF Hicks S

OF Mullins S

OF Hays R

OF Santander S

If we are talking the literal best team right now, Cowser gets the last spot. But since he has no path to consistent PT at the moment, I am fine with McKenna in the last spot. So my only change is activating Mounty and trading Frazier for a bucket of balls.

C - Adley, Godoy or Boom (better defender)

IF - Gunnar, Westburg, Urias, Ortiz, Frazier, O'Hearn

OF - Mullins, Hays, Cowser, Santander, Kjerstad

SP - Wells, Bradish, Kremer, GRod, Gibson

RP - Bautista, Cano, Baker, Baumann, Irvin, Coulombe, Charles, Darwinzon

Add - McCann, Starter (possibly Means later), Reliever (possibly Hall later)

Edited by Ripken

2 minutes ago, Ripken said:

C - Adley, McCann (Godoy or Boom until he's healthy)

IF - Gunnar, Westburg, Urias, Ortiz, Frazier, O'Hearn

OF - Mullins, Hays, Cowser, Santander, Kjerstad

SP - Wells, Bradish, Kremer, GRod, Gibson (but we need to add one)

RP - Bautista, Cano, Baker, Baumann, Irvin, Coulombe, Charles, Darwinzon (but we need to add one)

Hey, the assignment was position players!

51 minutes ago, HandsomeQuack said:

C Rutschman S

C McCann/whoever

1B O'Hearn L

1B Mounty R (platoon starter)

2B Westburg R

SS Mateo R

3B/SS Henderson L

3B Urias R

OF Hicks S

OF Mullins S

OF Hays R

OF Santander S

If we are talking the literal best team right now, Cowser gets the last spot. But since he has no path to consistent PT at the moment, I am fine with McKenna in the last spot. So my only change is activating Mounty and trading Frazier for a bucket of balls.

I think you give Cowser the last spot and you give him regular time. Primary outfield vs RHP can be Hays, Mullins, Cowser with Hicks subbing in frequently and Santander playing DH or 1B. Against lefties, you go Hays, Mullins, Hicks with potentially Santander taking over for Mullins and Hicks going to CF if you don't like the matchup for Cedric or he needs a day off.

There is not enough left handed power in the lineup and there have been too many makeable plays not made in RF and Cowser should help on both of those fronts. Hicks, Santander and O'Hearn all lose a bit of playing time but still get plenty of chances, and the bench becomes much better. You also can give Adley more days off if you have a Santander at DH on the days he doesn't catch, which should help him.

28 minutes ago, HelenaEngineer said:

I think you give Cowser the last spot and you give him regular time. Primary outfield vs RHP can be Hays, Mullins, Cowser with Hicks subbing in frequently and Santander playing DH or 1B. Against lefties, you go Hays, Mullins, Hicks with potentially Santander taking over for Mullins and Hicks going to CF if you don't like the matchup for Cedric or he needs a day off.

There is not enough left handed power in the lineup and there have been too many makeable plays not made in RF and Cowser should help on both of those fronts. Hicks, Santander and O'Hearn all lose a bit of playing time but still get plenty of chances, and the bench becomes much better. You also can give Adley more days off if you have a Santander at DH on the days he doesn't catch, which should help him.

I can see it, my only thing is that I want to ride the Hicks hot hand. He has slowed down a bit but still has 5 BB in his last 23 PA. He's a guy that really seems to lean into the everyday role. I would call up Cowser once Hicks plays himself out the everyday role, which could be soon.

Right now, I’d go:

Adley

McCann

OHearn

Westburg

Henderson

Urias

Hays

Mullins

Santander

Cowser

Hicks

Mateo

Frazier

I’d like to see us move on from one of Mateo/Frazier so we can bring up Ortiz. If there’s an injury I’d consider Mountcastle, if he starts hitting at AAA. Otherwise, McKenna brings more value. 

Adley/backup C 

Mountcastle/O’Hearn/Frazier/Westburg/Mateo/Urias/Gunnar 

Mullins/Santander/Hays/Hicks/

For now I would leave Cowser down. I would look to move Mateo. The roster construction looks better if McKenna is here instead of Mateo but I am not releasing Mateo to make that happen. In the meantime Frazier may play some more in the OF if needed.  

Worst case for Cowser is he comes up around September 1 like Gunnar last year. Odds are someone gets hurt or struggles and he is up much sooner.