Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

As someone who's watched baseball my entire life, I think they're all pretty obvious as to which team is which logo.  I'm confident in saying you're probably the only one on this board who can't tell the difference.  

Guilty!  I don’t lose sleep over it.  LOL

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Lol baseball nerdy but doesn't know the difference between the Reds logo and the new Cleveland logo.  That's rich.

That’s nothing, my nephew, who is great at this game, has messed up a couple of times by confusing the San Diego logo with the San Francisco logo.  I mean, one’s an interlocking SD and the other is an interlocking SF!   How hard is that to distinguish?  Apparently knowledge of trivial information about players does not require a working knowledge of the alphabet.  

• Upvote 1

Missed two today.  

Spoiler

Kirk Gibson, Eric Davis, Jack Morris

Gary Redus, Mike Morgan, Bobby Witt

Miss, Miss, Ubaldo

Jeffrey Hammonds would have been a good pull for Reds/Rockies.  I thought about Ron Gant for Rangers/Reds, didn't know he played for the Rockies for a few minutes.  Once again, Greg Vaughn would have been a correct choice, forgot about him for the Rockies.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Missed two today.  

Hide contents

Kirk Gibson, Eric Davis, Jack Morris

Gary Redus, Mike Morgan, Bobby Witt

Miss, Miss, Ubaldo

Jeffrey Hammonds would have been a good pull for Reds/Rockies.  I thought about Ron Gant for Rangers/Reds, didn't know he played for the Rockies for a few minutes.  Once again, Greg Vaughn would have been a correct choice, forgot about him for the Rockies.

Today was a great combination of teams I don’t really think about. I got a good low one for Tigers 200k, but that was about it. My first two guesses put me over 100.

• Upvote 1

Missed one this morning.  A's /Cleveland felt like it should have been obvious but no one came to mind and I whiffed on my terrible guess.

297 rarity score.

Cliff Lee, Ryne Sandberg, Mike Schmidt

Miss, Dave Kingman (an Immaculate Grid All-Star), Rickey Henderson

Eddie Murray, Lou Brock, Ichiro

Baines, Bartolo Colon (who I wanted to guess, wasn't sure if he played for the A's or not), Josh Donaldson, Eckersley, Jason Giambi (I guessed Jeremy for some reason), David Justice, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Roger Maris, all names that made me roll my eyes.

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Missed one this morning.  A's /Cleveland felt like it should have been obvious but no one came to mind and I whiffed on my terrible guess.

297 rarity score.

I blew some wrong guesses on Cubs with 3000 hits so I was dead in the water.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 today, 100 rarity score.

Reveal hidden contents

Rickey Henderson, Paul Molitor, Devon White

Randy Johnson, Dickie Thon, Joe Morgan

Mark Langston, Dave Parker, Gary Pettis

Very nice.  I went chalk with the SB.  I used the same player for the middle square as you did.  

I guessed Orlando Hudson for the Blue Jay with 30 SB, and I wasn't even close. His high with Toronto was seven. He also only played with them three full seasons and wasn't that great at getting on base. I remember him killing rallies by making every single diving play in the hole against us when we had something like a 3-84 record in Toronto in the 2000s, so I built him up into something way more than he was.