Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 177 rarity score.

Hide contents

Cecil Fielder, Nolan Ryan, Francisco Rodriguez

Gary Sheffield, Kevin Mitchell, Mark Davis

Kenny Rogers, Darryl Strawberry, Mariano Rivera

What was the score for your Mets/Yankees pick? I went with his teammate from that time period and got 6%.

Orioles grid today. 9/9 139 rarity score

Spoiler

Pete Vuckovich, Dennis Eckersley, Bob Gibson

BJ Surhoff, Jack Cust, Erik Bedard

Paul Molitor, Terry Steinbach, Bert Blyleven

Molitor and Gibson threw off the rarity score.  Surhoff was the one Oriole/Brewer I could think of, no one else immediately came to mind.  But Fat Matt Albers, @Tony-OH's favorite Jesus Aguialar, Kevin Bass, the immortal Juan Bell, Rocky Coppinger, Nelson Cruz, Jeffrey Hammonds, JJ HARDY, Jorge Lopez, Orosco, Corey Patterson, Jace Peterson, Mark Reynolds, and Schoop are some very recognizable names.

Lots of Orioles/A's overlap, too.  I don't know why I thought of Jack Cust when Baines was more recognizable.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Orioles grid today. 9/9 139 rarity score

Hide contents

Pete Vuckovich, Dennis Eckersley, Bob Gibson

BJ Surhoff, Jack Cust, Erik Bedard

Paul Molitor, Terry Steinbach, Bert Blyleven

Molitor and Gibson threw off the rarity score.  Surhoff was the one Oriole/Brewer I could think of, no one else immediately came to mind.  But Fat Matt Albers, @Tony-OH's favorite Jesus Aguialar, Kevin Bass, the immortal Juan Bell, Rocky Coppinger, Nelson Cruz, Jeffrey Hammonds, JJ HARDY, Jorge Lopez, Orosco, Corey Patterson, Jace Peterson, Mark Reynolds, and Schoop are some very recognizable names.

Lots of Orioles/A's overlap, too.  I don't know why I thought of Jack Cust when Baines was more recognizable.  

Of all the names, the only one that popped into my mind was KRod..not the obvious ones.

I took a glance at it today, and it looked pretty easy.   So instead of trying to spend a lot of time (when I should be working!) going for a rarity score, I decided to try for a speed record.   Going for quick easy answers as soon as they popped into my head, rather than trying to come up with a good rarity score for each block.    (Of course for the Orioles row I was still able to get reasonably low rarity scores [1-2-10] quickly just because I know the Orioles so well).  

After about one minute and thirty seconds i had 8 of the 9 blocks filled in, then the one on the upper left took me another couple minutes, dashing my hope of a 2 minute win.

Rarity score 200.   

Spoiler

Kolton Wong (the one that took a while), Mark McGwire, Bob Gibson 

Rick Dempsey, Don Baylor, Erik Bedard

JJ Hardy, Brent Rooker, Johan Santana

3 hours ago, Gunnar said:

I just started playing this so don't laugh at me yet, 7/9 434 rarity

These guys putting up 9/9 100's have to be getting some kind of Google assistance.

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

I think I've noticed Rarity Scores move around like league ERA.    One day I'd set it aside and come back later, and the evening refresh the numbers seemed different.

I suppose that would make sense as more answers compile going through the day.

Yeah, I was bummed, I got one that was 0.1% at the time of the selection, but when I checked back it ended up over 1%. I was proud of myself for a minute.

8/9, 253. Shamefully, I had a hard time with the O's 200 K cell and had to go with the top choice (77%). My O's-A's and O's-Brewers boxes were better. Whiffed on Twins 200 K, I could have sworn Jack Morris had more years for them.