Specific Trade Ideas

Greg Pappas

7 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I think you meant Rodriguez. Yes he is the weakest of our current starters but he is the one with the most potential and the youngest. IMO if anyone was to go for a Snell type, it should be Gibson.

Oh yes I recall that poster posing the idea of Wells to the pen. It made no sense to me either.

Yeah Rodriquez 

I think the chances are really low that the bench Gibson in the playoffs unless he does a nose dive. If Grayson all of the sudden becomes Roger Clemens then  you may be right they’d stick with him. But, I think they will be happy to shut him down at some point. Again, lol of the sudden if he goes 6+ with less than 3 on 3-5 consecutive starts between now and the deadline. 

Honeslty, I think he pressed, choked, ….whatever you want to call it the other night trying to get through his last inning. Yeah Baker gave up the GS ….but 2 runners were his and he all the sudden lost the zone. It was a much better performance than his previous attempts but not  good enough to unseat anyone else in the rotation should we add another starter. I think it’s more likely they go with 6 if they add a guy and shut him down when he gets to the innings cap.

23 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Yeah Rodriquez 

I think the chances are really low that the bench Gibson in the playoffs unless he does a nose dive. If Grayson all of the sudden becomes Roger Clemens then  you may be right they’d stick with him. But, I think they will be happy to shut him down at some point. Again, lol of the sudden if he goes 6+ with less than 3 on 3-5 consecutive starts between now and the deadline. 

Honeslty, I think he pressed, choked, ….whatever you want to call it the other night trying to get through his last inning. Yeah Baker gave up the GS ….but 2 runners were his and he all the sudden lost the zone. It was a much better performance than his previous attempts but not  good enough to unseat anyone else in the rotation should we add another starter. I think it’s more likely they go with 6 if they add a guy and shut him down when he gets to the innings cap.

First AB of the 6th was a ball that Hicks should have had no problem. As much as I want GRod to pitch better, honestly he should have been 6ip with 1 run, then everyone would be slurping his performance….doesn’t take much to sway the tide.

• Upvote 1

Was listening to MLBN radio on way to game today. They mentioned Mateo to SFG for a relief arm. May have been Walker ? They also said DeJong to SFG could be possible. 

It was speculation but it made some sense. 

Edited by eddie83

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Was listening to MLBN radio on way to game today. They mentioned Mateo to SFG for a relief arm. May have been Walker ? They also said DeJong to SFG could be possible. 

It was speculation but it made some sense. 

Scott Alexander is a lefty and an above average one; not a strikeout pitcher, but he can make use of the new left field.  Free agent at the end of the year.  He may not be enough for Mateo.

They can get the Rogers twins, that would be amusing... Taylor is lefty, Tyler is righty.  Both are 32, have career FIPs around 3.2 and WHIPs around 1.15.  Taylor has more service time and is owed $12 mil in '24 and '25.  Tyler enters arbitration for the first time next season.  Really not sure if breaking them up would screw with their psyche but Tyler makes more sense financially.

Doubt they give up Camilo Doval, but he would be the biggest fish.  Young closer, plenty of control, lots of strikeouts, career 6.6 H/9, career 0.6 HR/9, etc etc.  That would be an impressive get and would cost more than Mateo I would think.

Ryan Walker is another possibility but he's a rookie whose peripherals don't look as good as his raw numbers.

22 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Scott Alexander is a lefty and an above average one; not a strikeout pitcher, but he can make use of the new left field.  Free agent at the end of the year.  He may not be enough for Mateo.

They can get the Rogers twins, that would be amusing... Taylor is lefty, Tyler is righty.  Both are 32, have career FIPs around 3.2 and WHIPs around 1.15.  Taylor has more service time and is owed $12 mil in '24 and '25.  Tyler enters arbitration for the first time next season.  Really not sure if breaking them up would screw with their psyche but Tyler makes more sense financially.

Doubt they give up Camilo Doval, but he would be the biggest fish.  Young closer, plenty of control, lots of strikeouts, career 6.6 H/9, career 0.6 HR/9, etc etc.  That would be an impressive get and would cost more than Mateo I would think.

Ryan Walker is another possibility but he's a rookie whose peripherals don't look as good as his raw numbers.

As this is would be a strength for strength deal (with the Giants still very much in the playoff picture themselves) I doubt they’d move multiple arms. Or Doval at all.

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

How about this guy?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/llovema01.shtml

22 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

Why would the Tigers trade a 26 year old LHP who's under contract for three more seasons? When teams sell, they sell their older short term pieces not their building blocks. 

Well you never know until you ask. The Tigers are going nowhere in the next few years so if they can add two or three good young pieces they might go for it. 

I heard the Rockies GM today say they are selling, I don't know what they have pitching-wise, but they are in the market for prospects. I've been working so couldn't really look at the team, I don't think I can name a single Rockie.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I heard the Rockies GM today say they are selling, I don't know what they have pitching-wise, but they are in the market for prospects. I've been working so couldn't really look at the team, I don't think I can name a single Rockie.

lefty Brent Suter is on a 1yr deal, likely come at about the same price as Mr. Fuji

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Camden Yards said:

Well you never know until you ask. The Tigers are going nowhere in the next few years so if they can add two or three good young pieces they might go for it. 

The Tigers were literally in contention a month or so ago and are still only six games out (of the Central). The also have several young building blocks (Greene, Torkelson, etc.) and have given absolutely no indication that they're looking to completely blows things up (again).

1 minute ago, HakunaSakata said:

The Tigers were literally in contention a month or so ago and are still only six games out (of the Central). The also have several young building blocks (Greene, Torkelson, etc.) and have given absolutely no indication that they're looking to completely blows things up (again).

I know Torkelson is young, but man, for the amount they paid for him and where they picked him, he's been a bit of a disappointment. He's only had 800 or so ABs but he's not hitting like they figured he would yet.