Specific Trade Ideas

Greg Pappas

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I know Torkelson is young, but man, for the amount they paid for him and where they picked him, he's been a bit of a disappointment. He's only had 800 or so ABs but he's not hitting like they figured he would yet.

He threw some Grade A shade at Lyles yesterday.

26 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

The Tigers were literally in contention a month or so ago and are still only six games out (of the Central). The also have several young building blocks (Greene, Torkelson, etc.) and have given absolutely no indication that they're looking to completely blows things up (again).

They have ONE building block right now in Greene. Torkelson is looking more and more like Mountcastle. EROD is going to opt out. They might be “only” six games out of the Central but they are a long ways away from the talent of the Twins, WhiteSox, and Guardians. 

Eduardo very good again tonight; Tigers GM Scott Harris maybe exhaling that he's gotten past the ruptured pulley danger with his Ace's quick return and effectiveness.

The fact that an acquiring Club could be on the hook for a big chunk of money if anything goes very wrong in AUG/SEP will I think be a drag on Elias' bid calibration for this one.

11 hours ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

The Padres have Manny and Bogaerts locked into their IF for a long time, and Kim has been excellent at 2B and still has 3 arb years after this year. Additionally, Cronenworth has regressed with the bat and now looks like a subpar 1B, but a better fit at 2B.

They are quite set for some time in the IF. They also have Soto and Tatis in the corners in the OF, and Grisham is a solid CF with 2 more arb years. They are really lacking at C, 1B and DH. They could also use more quality pitching and pitching depth. 

In terms of near-term prospects, the Orioles don’t match up great because Kjerstad/Mayo are far too valuable and there aren’t upper-level corner bats behind them, pretty much just Stowers. At C, Basallo is too valuable (and too far away) and Willems is just too far off. We don’t have much in the way of spare pitching prospects either. If the Padres are looking for major league ready prospects at their positions of need, we aren’t going to be able to meet that. 

Cronenworth is hardly blocking someone w/ his .658 OPS.  Odor was getting regular playing time in San Diego until recently.  I think they could really use a guy like Urias who can play anywhere.  Adding in guys like Prieto and Beavers might be enough.  With all of SD's big contracts you would have to question whether they want to sign Soto long term.  SD's offense is not very good despite their group of heralded stars. 

I hope that we can add either Eduardo Rodriguez, Blake Snell, or Marcus Stroman for our rotation (all guys with postseason experience and have been pitching like borderline #1s this season). And then add a bullpen arm like Robertson for the 6th/7th. If we can do those two things, I really like our chances in the AL (unless something crazy happens where the Rays/Rangers land Ohtani).

I’m not even certain that Ohtani gets moved though. The national media is selling these crazy costly trade packages that the Angels could/should get back. But I just don’t see it for just two months of a player, even one who is arguably worth as much or more than the best 2 players in the sport. It’s still just 2 months. 

I read an article on (I think it was ESPN) where they suggested even if we were to give the Angels Kjerstad AND Mayo along with Hall (which really made me scratch my head) it wouldn’t be enough. They even suggested that the Angels would ask for Holliday. My reaction to that piece and even some other talking heads like Bowden, is either the are seriously trying to help the Angels/Moreno, have some kind of relationship/undue influence, or they don’t know what in the world they are talking about. 

Either way, I’m confident the other players that I mentioned won’t cost nearly as much and will give us a great shot at the World Series.

11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

What a douche. Maybe a guy who’s been as much of a bust as Spence should worry about himself. I can’t hit Lyles so he must be cheating. He’s 1-2 years from the York Revolution. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

I did and I generally don’t care. He’s a bust and if he’s got a complaint he should air it during the game to the umpires. 

It certainly looks like Lyles was cheating.

So even if Tork is a bust he's not just saying Lyles is cheating because he's not hitting him, he's saying it because he's apparently cheating. 

So I don't understand your comment that I bolded.

I'd be a bit salty if I SAW an opponent cheating and nothing was done about it.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It certainly looks like Lyles was cheating.

So even if Tork is a bust he's not just saying Lyles is cheating because he's not hitting him, he's saying it because he's apparently cheating. 

So I don't understand your comment that I bolded.

I'd be a bit salty if I SAW an opponent cheating and nothing was done about it.

If they knew, for a fact, he was doing it they’d have been better served to say nothing and then ask for a check during his next game to get him removed & impact the bullpen.  In my experience making negative comments about people  in the sports world is never a good idea.  It’s mostly a nothing burger, but my 2 cents in the matter.  

29 minutes ago, waroriole said:

What a douche. Maybe a guy who’s been as much of a bust as Spence should worry about himself. I can’t hit Lyles so he must be cheating. He’s 1-2 years from the York Revolution. 

Tork isn't remotely a bust. The guy has like 1 and 1/3 seasons worth of at bats and he's hitting .259/.343/.541 over the last month.

Calling out Lyles W/L record was douchey, but that photo is extremely suspicious.