Tuesday, July 18: Orioles try to even series with Dodgers

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

I'm not one to declare games over after an inning and a half, but with the matchup tomorrow being Julio Urias/Kremer, we're potentially looking at 1-5 on the season against the Braves/Dodgers. There is absolutely no one we could acquire that would turn that into 4-2 by October. An October that will be the first for almost literally every single player on this team while the Dodgers/Braves are there every single year without fail. Levels...

The Braves and Dodgers are not on the same level. One is the best in the sport by a good distance this year. The other is in a nice tier under that.

4 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

I'm not one to declare games over after an inning and a half, but with the matchup tomorrow being Julio Urias/Kremer, we're potentially looking at 1-5 on the season against the Braves/Dodgers. There is absolutely no one we could acquire that would turn that into 4-2 by October. An October that will be the first for almost literally every single player on this team while the Dodgers/Braves are there every single year without fail. Levels...

I mean, you're putting in the World Series in this scenario, so that's pretty good?

Just now, Bemorewins said:

The Braves and Dodgers are not on the same level. One is the best in the sport by a good distance this year. The other is in a nice tier under that.

The Dodgers have won 100 games in four of the past five full seasons and have been in the WS three times in the past six years. They're on that level until they're not. And we're not on that level until we are.

Just now, Moshagge3 said:

I mean, you're putting in the World Series in this scenario, so that's pretty good?

Haha I'm just taking the whole "all in" argument to its logical conclusions in terms of what we would have to do in the WS. But Houston is almost as daunting of a task, and that doesn't even include Tampa.