Tuesday, July 18: Orioles try to even series with Dodgers

SteveA

10 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

The Braves and Dodgers are not on the same level. One is the best in the sport by a good distance this year. The other is in a nice tier under that.

The Phillies were not on the same level as the Braves, Mets, Dodgers and Cardinals last season and yet they got hot at the right time and made it to the World Series.  There's a lot of baseball left.

Just now, EddeeEddee said:

Agreed, but I think the Braves are better partly because they're younger and maybe a bit less banged up than the Dodgers.  Both teams have lost some of their best pitchers to injury, but the Braves' have amazing depth all over the field.  Of course the Dodgers have a lot of depth too but maybe not quite as big league ready.

Still, the Dodgers can beat the Braves in the postseason.  Anything can happen in the postseason.  I'm still amazed the Phillies made it to the WS last season. 

Of course anything can happen in a short postseason series. But the Braves will be big favorites against any opponent they face.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Cowser like Gunnar and Adley before him looks like it's going to take hime some time. I hope they just let him play everyday and take his lumps. But to those who thought that he would be able to replace Santander in the lineup right away, that looks like a pipe dream. 

I kept saying that last month but people kept telling me I was wrong. 

27 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

How "Orioles" is this game?  Our ace is struggling and giving up runs and we get shut out by a no-name with an ERA of 7.  Still a lot of baseball to play, but this doesn't look good early. 

Yeah, that is so typical of the Orioles.   We'd be 40 games over .500 if it weren't for all these games where this happens.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

You are talking about the past. I am talking about this season. Have you checked both rosters? The Braves are lapping the field without two of their really good starters. If the Dodgers beat them in the postseason, it will be a big upset.

Experience affects this season. You're kidding yourself by ignoring that and projecting a roster that was projected to go sub-.500 this year in the rosiest light possible.

3 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Agreed, but I think the Braves are better partly because they're younger and maybe a bit less banged up than the Dodgers.  Both teams have lost some of their best pitchers to injury, but the Braves' have amazing depth all over the field.  Of course the Dodgers have a lot of depth too but maybe not quite as big league ready.

Still, the Dodgers can beat the Braves in the postseason.  Anything can happen in the postseason.  I'm still amazed the Phillies made it to the WS last season. 

image.jpeg.aafe3ac34d07fb8eddb9b7b1ea7af49c.jpeg

Crazy picture showing all of the Braves all stars and their years under team control. We can dream.