Tuesday, July 18: Orioles try to even series with Dodgers

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

we simply aren't  CLOSE to as good as the Dodgsrs.and we miss Kershaw too...just not a good matchup...

The Dodgers are good enough to beat any team.  It doesn't mean the Orioles are suddenly a weak team.  There's no way the O's would have an easy time with a team with that lineup -- nor will any other team.  This is a good wakeup call for the O's that they need more pitching -- and gives the young players a taste of what it's like to play a World Series caliber team that's starting to peak.

3 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

They have the track record to show they are that good even if the Braves are better. Would have to beat one of those two four times in seven games to win the WS. Not happening even if we traded for Ohtani. And that's after getting past Houston, who has the same pedigree. Throw in Tampa too. It ain't happening this year.

I STRONGLY disagree with this assessment. No we don't have the talent yet to beat/be favored in a series against the Braves this year (who does?) and probably not the Rays either. But the Dodgers? Just because they beat us in a couple of regular season games I am not ready to crown them with anything. If we made the right moves at the deadline I would love our chances against them.