Tuesday, July 18: Orioles try to even series with Dodgers

SteveA

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

The Dodgers have won 100 games in four of the past five full seasons and have been in the WS three times in the past six years. They're on that level until they're not. And we're not on that level until we are.

Agreed, but I think the Braves are better partly because they're younger and maybe a bit less banged up than the Dodgers.  Both teams have lost some of their best pitchers to injury, but the Braves' have amazing depth all over the field.  Of course the Dodgers have a lot of depth too but maybe not quite as big league ready.

Still, the Dodgers can beat the Braves in the postseason.  Anything can happen in the postseason.  I'm still amazed the Phillies made it to the WS last season. 

Cowser like Gunnar and Adley before him looks like it's going to take hime some time. I hope they just let him play everyday and take his lumps. But to those who thought that he would be able to replace Santander in the lineup right away, that looks like a pipe dream.