Wednesday afternoon July 19: Orioles try to avoid first sweep in 14+ months vs Dodgers

SteveA

Just brutal. Exploding pitch count and then throws a meatball cutter that's blasted in the gap. Dodgers already up and a sweep is on the way.

That grand slam on Monday when the Orioles were up completely changed and set the tone for this series.

And now a flair into LF. Another run. Just BRUTAL.

Just now, Just Regular said:

There's a level on which I'm appreciating Adley/Gunnar/Cowser getting this lived experience what elite Bats can do to even good-ish starting pitchers.

The biggest weekslong stretches of their careers, they'll be challenged to do stuff like this.

I have consoled myself this week imagining that our young guys might turn into a lineup like this sooner than later. But that’s not making it any easier to watch happen in real time. 

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

I have consoled myself this week imagining that our young guys might turn into a lineup like this sooner than later. But that’s not making it any easier to watch happen in real time. 

Problem is by the time our guys get this good they will only have a few years left before they go play for the Yankees or Dodgers.