Saturday afternoon July 22: Orioles send Greyson Rodriguez to the mound vs Rays

SteveA

1 minute ago, Winter said:

the walks are on Fujinami but he pitched himself out of it to a 5-4 lead, Mateo though had that big hit is suppose to make that play 10 times out of 10 if your keeping a barely .200 hitter on the roster he better be a gold glove. especially when you have the likes of Ortiz in the AAA who can easily match Mateos bat and glove and has upside to be way way better 

I think the Mateo experiment is over.  It was worth trying.  He gave us glimpses of being a five tool player.  Alas the man can NOT hit consistantly.  And there have been hints that his defense was not as hyped as far back as last year.  

But I expect Elias to keep playing him because he liked in the dugout and he is fast.  

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

If we don’t score; do you bring o ur Bautista or let someone else ride and hope for him in extra?

Save him for the 10th.   It's harder in the 10th because they start with a man on base, so it's even more important to have your best then.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

If we traded away Arozarena, Alcantara, Gallen, Thomas and others, I’m sure there’d be incessant bitching here, too. 

That’s what I’m saying.  We bitch about losing a slightly above average player for years.  Imagine if we traded all those guys.